Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, CA (LIVE 14 Oct 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that's what is going in now. Take a look at the photo. The pad to the right is where the PG&e equipment will go if I'm not mistaken.
IMG_20200721_162029.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
Those cabinets are for the power distribution portion. The empty pads are for both Tesla's switchgear (pictured) and the utility transformer (not pictured). So, definite progress but not everything is on site yet.

I was at the site this morning, and they are boring underground from near the large transformer that is along the road to the east. Most likely, this is tapping in to the main underground, and feed the new transformer, that was not on site yet. They seem to be working fairly steadily, now that the elk Grove supercharger is open.

• Informative
Reactions: rsg123 and mociaf9
The sidewalk next to the transformer across the street is torn up so it looks like the transformer work is in process.

Sidewalk next to the transformer across the street is still torn up. On the road next to it, the hole was filled and repaved or patched.

IMG_4880 2.jpeg
IMG_0630.jpeg

Good news!!!

Noticed today that our PG&E Transformer was installed sometime this last week. Thats our Tesla in the picture.
The Superchargers are not powered up as yet. Need to keep watch for more activity here for power up Time and testing.

This Supercharger just popped up on my Tesla App and on our in car's Teals's Map as "Lincoln, CA - Groveland Lane".
In our car's Tesla Map it shows this site as 250kW... It is official now.

Thanks bmah for alerting @MarcoRP ...
What’s really stunning is that this location is now open exactly 365 days after having been added on Supercharge Info. lol
6829507E-A170-4CA4-9B98-B09EB9A1CC7E.jpeg

Any idea why those UK locations have been in “Construction “ for 2 years? Any Idea what the holdup is?
You're not the only one to ask (and it's actually been almost four years now): Reddit post
Short answer: Tesla started construction on the site before ensuring they had sufficient power supply, and they apparently couldn't convince the neighbors to let them upgrade the lines through their properties. There must be existing electrical power to the location to serve the other businesses located there (unless they are all on generator power!), but I guess it doesn't have enough capacity for multiple fast chargers.
So if you think the Lincoln SC taking a year was a long time, things could be much worse.