Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow Tesla is really dragging their feet opening this Supercharger. Construction finished before Christmas and it's not open yet. I've got to go to Kansas City tomorrow or Saturday and it looks like I'll have to go through Omaha again.

I'm assuming they are waiting for Grand Island to finish so they can send a guy to open them up on the same trip. Not much other explanation other than holiday vacations for the staff that does it.

This was taken Friday night. All bays bagged and held on with duct tape.
tmp_22700-20161230_2238281492866896.jpg

Interesting to see the "Power supported by HyVee" signs. I haven't seen those before. I guess that lets you know who's paying the bill (if there was any doubt) and might encourage you to spend a few dollars there.
Yeah, they have nice restaurants/food courts inside. Will be my first choice to get lunch on my trip west, They'll make much more on me there that they'll spend on that electricity. Plus I regularly spend money at our local HyVee on groceries, but probably won't be using our Supercharger since it's just 3 miles from my house, so I'll take it all back in Lincoln :)

Plus HyVee has pretty generous gas rebate program for all shoppers, not being able to use it I feel them sponsoring electricity for EVs only makes it even - you drive ICE - you get cheaper gas, you drive EV - you get the electricity.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I have stopped a few times at the HyVee for free CHAdeMO energy in North Kansas City and eat. Also at the CHAdeMO in St Joseph MO but haven't eaten there. HyVee is certainly helping out with free energy around here (though I think KC Power [what ever its name is] pays for the power at the MO CHAdeMOs). Thanks HyVee!