Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great photos! A time to start getting even more excited will be when the green utility transformer lands on that pad just north of the tall grey distribution center cabinet. Transformer installation by the utility can be a significant rate-limiting step, even when the site looks complete otherwise. But some good news: the transformer already appears to be present in the most recent photos of Gothenburg and appears to be getting placed in one earlier photo from Ogallala.

Okay gang. The first charging fixture is going up NOW! I expect as they get that one figured out the others will go fairly quickly. I can't see HOW they could NOT get done before Christmas week at the rate they're going. ABC Electric had about six vehicles on site. No way to get a good picture but I might sneak out later to see if I can grab one. This makes me wonder if they aren't trying to get all the sites done for Christmas travel. Gothenburg goes live today with dedication on Dec 7th. All the others have equipment on site from what I've heard. Just think, last month we couldn't travel from Omaha to Denver. Now this month we can..well, almost. Brush is permitted. But if you went for Cheyenne then south you might be able to pull it off. This is like getting a new car!

IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG
Pics from Wed 11/30

Is this something serious, what kind of impact these automakers can really make on Tesla?
Is it Possible Mercedes, BMW, Ford And VW Joint Venture Destroy the Tesla's Plan - CARS DISTRICT
I see it as a positive. But doubtful of it playing out any time soon.
The biggest problem with their plan is because many of their current cars can only run about 100 miles per charge they will need thousands to be of any value. Along with the vast numbers of locations, they will need to have multiple chargers at each site. This will be a massive capital expense for many of the companies that are selling only a few thousand vehicles (electric) a year. It has been reported that Chevrolet is loosing 9k per bolt produced. If this is actually true, and similar for other automakers, I find it hard to believe that FCA or Nissan or even BMW or Mercedes are willing to deviate significantly from ICE vehicles to electric with these poor returns. Not to mention the problem this causes for the dealerships that will see a significant loss in revenue from regular maintenance.
I believe this is just half hearted threat to make a 'Tesla killer' only this time aiming at the charging system to compete with Tesla.

I thought it would be wrapping up this week but now not so sure. It's very cold here--12 deg and expected to hit 4 deg F tonight. That makes cable stiff and harder to install but I'm thinking that the cable has already been run. I was out there yesterday and they were putting landscape rock around the standards. But there are some unoccupied pads and conduit with the caps still on so I don't know if this means there's another xfmr to come in and whether they have more cable to run. I do know the meter box is meterless. I live in Lincoln so I'll monitor that.

• Informative
Reactions: David99
This from aficionado, Don.

Lincoln Electric System (LES) crew is working at the Supercharger in Lincoln, NE today, December 9, 2016. The big green transformer is in place and conduit is being drilled under the road for the main power input cable. They should have the heavy work done soon. Forman says they have a "board" missing that should be here in a week or so. Supercharger will be active soon!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 3.56.41 PM.png

Gez, I would have thought that would have been one of the FIRST things they did. So much for me assuming. Funny looking car in the foreground isn't it?!