Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... Of course without Grand Island, Lincoln is not that big of a deal.
I don't want to minimize Grand Island, but get real. For some of us from far, far away, Lincoln is very important!:eek:
Without Lincoln we might have to hit you up for some electrons.:rolleyes:
I admit I'm mostly in Omaha when I'm around there.

The Tesla tech will drive out with a Model S to test and activate the site. They fly into a city with a showroom, borrow one of their demos, and drive out to the site. Once they're done, you'll see number labels on the bases of the charging bollards, and the "TESLA" on each will be lit at night. You may be right- it is possible they'll wait for Grand Island before activating both. It does sound as if this site is ready, though.

Thanks for all of your reports!

The Tesla tech will drive out with a Model S to test and activate the site. They fly into a city with a showroom, borrow one of their demos, and drive out to the site. Once they're done, you'll see number labels on the bases of the charging bollards, and the "TESLA" on each will be lit at night. You may be right- it is possible they'll wait for Grand Island before activating both. It does sound as if this site is ready, though.

Does that mean Kansas City for the Lincoln SC? Seems to be the closest show room.

I don't want to minimize Grand Island, but get real. For some of us from far, far away, Lincoln is very important!:eek:
Without Lincoln we might have to hit you up for some electrons.:rolleyes:
I admit I'm mostly in Omaha when I'm around there.
You're welcome to stop by and eat some electron pie. But if you're in Omaha, Council Bluffs is probably 5 miles away from you. Council Bluffs and Omaha are pretty much the same metro area..except for the river.

Driving to Lincoln from the showroom in Independence MO might be a little dicey depending on the weather. This is EV from KCMO to KLNK.

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 7.53.06 PM.png

However you could go through Topeka.

Last edited:

I was just checking Brush and Loveland and it looks as though they're ready to go also. I80/I76 is about to be lit!

Driving from Omaha to KC I sometimes stop in St Joe for the CHAdeMO stop at the HyVee, plus there are a few CHAdeMO stations in KC (all free for now). In fact, since getting my CHAdeMO adapter, I haven't used the Independence (KC) SuperCharger. Might be worthwhile to use that on the Lincoln to KC journey. I agree with posts above that the distance between Council Bluffs or Lincoln to Independence (KC) can be dicey in bad weather (hence my learning on a long bad weather night and needing a couple L2 stops) and the CHAdeMO makes it all easy.