Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping this is up and running before a trip mid Dec

Yesterday I received a voicemail from my friend at the utility company. I haven't been able to reach him today to learn more details. He said to keep an eye on the Lincoln Superchargers. They could be operational as early as this weekend. If I get more info I'll post again. Just wondering, could this be a Tesla SC first? I know there has always been SC after pictures, but have we ever lacked any before shots? I'm over a hundred miles away and headed south this weekend. If someone needs an additional reason to check it out........Loon Mountain shows open for the season.

Yesterday I received a voicemail from my friend at the utility company. I haven't been able to reach him today to learn more details. He said to keep an eye on the Lincoln Superchargers. They could be operational as early as this weekend. If I get more info I'll post again. Just wondering, could this be a Tesla SC first? I know there has always been SC after pictures, but have we ever lacked any before shots? I'm over a hundred miles away and headed south this weekend. If someone needs an additional reason to check it out........Loon Mountain shows open for the season.

Thanks for the update... up and running this weekend would be amazing progress!

Happy Thanksgiving! Tesla owners planning a trip soon to NH's North Country will likely be extra grateful. Two sources informed me tonight that Lincoln is now live. :) Tesla wanted this project completed before the long Thanksgiving weekend, so apparently it was. The transformer arrived at the site last Friday. Just within the last day or two Tesla performed final testing. Not yet showing up on Tesla's maps. Until we see a few pics or learn of an actual Lincoln SC experience, it would probably be wise to call ahead to Tesla for added assurance.

Reactions: EdA
Sorry for pix trouble!
Before the movie, looking northwest:
20161124_154922.jpg

Looking northeast:
20161124_154643.jpg

Looking south:
20161124_154722.jpg

After the movie:
20161124_182627.jpg

Started charging at 50% in my S85 at 50kw, but I have an old type A battery.

Latenight amenities may be scarce, but there are numerous good restaurants within walking distance.

Two of the nearby buildings didn't exist when the current Google aerial pix were taken. I believe the superchargers are located north of the (former?) tennis court.

A supercharger in Lyndon, VT would complete the northern route, and one in Bethel, ME would allow travel between ME and NH.

Someone still needs to convince Jay Peak resort to get some destination chargers though. The winter is still brutal even with all these locations filled out.

Last edited:
They seem to be taking their sweet time putting it on the official map?

Friend at the utility company (NHEC) told me earlier on Monday that their engineering group was still working with Tesla. He described that they were performing some final "tweaking" and should be completed in a few days. This might also explain why myprius was only seeing 50kW while charging last week.

• Informative
Reactions: AWDtsla
Someone still needs to convince Jay Peak resort to get some destination chargers though. The winter is still brutal even with all these locations filled out.

I just booked a 3-night trip to Jay Peak in late Dec. Plugshare shows they have several 110V outlets in the garages, and the reservations person said they might potentially even have a few at some of the Village units (which is where we are staying). Does anyone have any experience with those outlets? A slow 110V charge over 3 days should be plenty good enough to get me charged back up high enough to make it back to Lincoln comfortably .... but on the other hand there isn't really much of a "Plan B" if that doesn't work according to the map up there. My family will be thoroughly un-excited if we are stuck somewhere on a J1772 charger on the way home for an extended time .... :-/

I just booked a 3-night trip to Jay Peak in late Dec. Plugshare shows they have several 110V outlets in the garages, and the reservations person said they might potentially even have a few at some of the Village units (which is where we are staying). Does anyone have any experience with those outlets? A slow 110V charge over 3 days should be plenty good enough to get me charged back up high enough to make it back to Lincoln comfortably .... but on the other hand there isn't really much of a "Plan B" if that doesn't work according to the map up there. My family will be thoroughly un-excited if we are stuck somewhere on a J1772 charger on the way home for an extended time .... :-/

I've never been to Jay Peak, but what about returning south to I-89 by Montpelier? There is a new Supercharger at Berlin, VT as well as 50 miles further south on I-89 at West Lebanon.

I've never been to Jay Peak, but what about returning south to I-89 by Montpelier? There is a new Supercharger at Berlin, VT as well as 50 miles further south on I-89 at West Lebanon.

That shortens the last leg from ~101 miles to ~69 miles ... but it adds >30 minutes to my overall trip - more out of the way. I guess maybe that's the "Plan B" for the return trip? I've got a P90D, so 170 miles might be do-able worst-case, but with the cold temps I'd much prefer some more buffer.

Or .... pack the passports and shoot up to Magog, QC (~39 miles away), but I'd probably be dealing with some pretty unhappy co-travelers if it came to that :).