Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never been to Jay Peak, but what about returning south to I-89 by Montpelier? There is a new Supercharger at Berlin, VT as well as 50 miles further south on I-89 at West Lebanon.

Yeah that's the best option, but even if you range charge there you will likely still need charging while at Jay Peak. Especially for 3 days. Let's say 5-7 miles per day vampire, plus 10-15 miles cost of cold-startup per day, plus any in-town driving. Cutting it pretty close or just not making it.

Or .... pack the passports and shoot up to Magog, QC (~39 miles away), but I'd probably be dealing with some pretty unhappy co-travelers if it came to that :).
Yeah plus the stop at the border. Probably not bad on the way there, but expect a full cavity search when you tell US customs that you only needed to be in Canada for 1-2 hours...

Yeah that's the best option, but even if you range charge there you will likely still need charging while at Jay Peak. Especially for 3 days. Let's say 5-7 miles per day vampire, plus 10-15 miles cost of cold-startup per day, plus any in-town driving. Cutting it pretty close or just not making it.

I definitely need to charge somewhere local. It seems like the 110v outlets should be fine, but it would be extra comforting to hear from someone who's done it recently ....

This photo was taken Wednesday afternoon by a friend who lives in the North Country. The Tesla signage reads "30 Minute General Parking".

Something interesting that may have been discussed elsewhere on TMC. I learned that when a new SC site becomes operational, Tesla typically monitors initial charging activity, likely to gauge reliability and root out any issues. Only then do they place it on their website and list it on the in-car SC navigation menu.
IMG_6859.JPG

Reactions: EdA and myprius
This photo was taken Wednesday afternoon by a friend who lives in the North Country. The Tesla signage reads "30 Minute General Parking".

Something interesting that may have been discussed elsewhere on TMC. I learned that when a new SC site becomes operational, Tesla typically monitors initial charging activity, likely to gauge reliability and root out any issues. Only then do they place it on their website and list it on the in-car SC navigation menu.View attachment 204196

"30 Minute General Parking"... Is that just asked of us when not charging?

Lincoln, NH is now listed on Tesla's website. Driving home from work tonight I tried using voice command to see what my route would be if I was actually driving north to the Lincoln, NH SC. The command spelled out correctly, but oddly displayed no search results. Next, tapped the red lightening bolt icon for Lincoln and the nav worked fine. Just one of those minor quirky things that will eventually get sorted out.

Agree that these Tesla parking signs are meant for any vehicle up to 30 minutes, excluding a Tesla that is charging. From the photos I only count 5 signs, so it looks as though one spot is protected for owners. At this SC location I think the signs are a benefit. Having no signs at all could easily invite ICE squatters. Guests at the resort or restaurant will be more inclined to avoid these spots when they see the 30 minute limit. This signage probably gets challenged more frequently when a SC site is up against a shopping district, where people might believe they can sneak in and out in only 30 minutes.

This charger was installed at the perfect time. Took the kids to Santa's Village last weekend in 17 degree weather with my X60D from Boston, this super charger made it possible without having to find a level 2 in the area or charge overnight somewhere else.

No one was was charging while I was there.

Skiing Loon will be a breeze.

Reactions: Snow Drift and EdA
We drove to Lincoln from Jay Peak in late December. While the SC in Lincoln is close to several restaurants, beware that lots of businesses, including several of the restaurants, are not open in the winter, or they close earlier in the winter. We ate at a great BBQ place (“Texas Toast”) in a tiny mall just across the access road from the SC -- you can enter via the mall’s back door at the Barber Shop sign.

Reactions: AWDtsla
We drove to Lincoln from Jay Peak in late December. While the SC in Lincoln is close to several restaurants, beware that lots of businesses, including several of the restaurants, are not open in the winter, or they close earlier in the winter. We ate at a great BBQ place (“Texas Toast”) in a tiny mall just across the access road from the SC -- you can enter via the mall’s back door at the Barber Shop sign.

We stopped on our way back from Jay Peak on Sat 12/24 and had a great brunch in the Riverwalk restaurant. A bunch of the shops in the other buildings seemed closed. We spoke to the front desk clerk at Riverwalk, and what's built now is apparently Phase 1 of a 3 phase development - they will be extending the hotel out to the left and right sides, and also adding a lift out the back so you can ski in and out of there for Loon Mtn. I suspect once that develops more a lot of the shops will start to be open more in the winter time ... so hopefully there will be more there as time goes on. There's also a Real Estate office open in there - what more could you want for a ski condo .... "Amenities: Supercharger" . :)

Attaching some pictures of my charging to/from Jay Peak on our trip up there before Christmas...

Berlin VT on the way up:

berlin_vt_supercharger_1280x960.jpg

110V at a Village Condo at Jay Peak:

jay_peak_condo_charging_1280x960.jpg

Lincoln NH on the way back:

lincoln_nh_supercharger_1280x960.jpg

This charger was installed at the perfect time. Took the kids to Santa's Village last weekend in 17 degree weather with my X60D from Boston, this super charger made it possible without having to find a level 2 in the area or charge overnight somewhere else.

No one was was charging while I was there.

Skiing Loon will be a breeze.
Loon also has destination charging, I get a full recharge there while skiing.

Reactions: Snow Drift
For the sake of completion, we are driving from montreal (noth) and were originally thinking of stopping at Bromont, but I think the Magog might be better as it is an SC. Is about 64 km, so getting a full charge at it, gets me to Jay peak(including border crossing time with no problem :) ) in case of anything: my cable not reaching to the wall, too much vampire drain over one day, or i dunno what else.. I am new to this so I would like to always have no less than 100km without charge.

This site is woefully congested during Holiday weekends like Labor day. Thanksgiving may not bring as much traffic to the area as other holidays, but it's worth avoiding this location if possible nonetheless.

It would help to see the overdue Superchargers in St. Johnsbury and North Conway materialize.