TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Lindale, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bollar, Nov 18, 2015.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

#1 bollar, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    The newly updated Supercharger map shows a location near Tyler will be completed by year-end. This is almost certainly the Collin Street Bakery Express in Lindale.

17044 I-20 W
    Lindale, Texas 75771
    Hideaway Lake exit
    903-882-9205

I encourage anyone out East to go check it out! :)

30f884099c4e3491459eb19a29bb295a.jpg

2. JMG

JMG Member

I was hoping for greenville first but this is great too. I have been by that CSB a few times. It seems like it was kind of by itself?

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

If you look on Google Maps, it's an exit by Heavenly Lake, so it's just a few things there:. Not much in the way of choice. I think that somewhere at the I20/US69 intersection would be better, but if Collin St Bakery is happy and helpful, I'm sure Tesla will be happy to expand the relationship.

I also see Jackson, MS on that map. Looks like they're working on I-20 now.

4. taurusking

taurusking Member

You are right JMG it seems odd location....other side of I-20 where there is not much to do....except eat cookies and watch I-20 traffic

- - - Updated - - -

I-20 and 69 intersection would have been a really good location....Tyler is expanding south and not much to do in North side of Tyler...Cannot think of any good restaurants on the north side of Tyler..

- - - Updated - - -

I will check it out tomorrow Rick...

5. bollar

Well, I put (speculation) in the thread title on purpose. The only thing I do know is that CSB is a Tesla supporter and they have invited Tesla to install Superchargers at all of their locations. Having a landlord ready to allow Superchargers on their property saves so much on logistics, I think it's hard to pass up.

Though I guess it's also conceivable that they'd install the Supercharger at the CSB in Tyler old Old Bullard Rd.

• Like x 1
  6. taurusking

taurusking Member

#6 taurusking, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    We will find out when I check it out tomorrow....I will check with manager as well...CSB on Old Bullard Rd is not a bad idea...Lot of places to eat .

Traffic is bad though...It will take 30 mins (or more depending on the traffic) from I-20 to get to Old Bullard Rd in Tyler.

I hate to even go close to Old Bullard Rd on rush hour traffic....

After serious thought I think the best spot for a supercharger would be right next to my home.:biggrin:...there is a piece of land available...I will buy it ..if Tesla says O.K

7. taurusking

taurusking Member

So an update:

Went to CSB Lindale location and did not see anything on the parking lot.

Took some pictures.. After CSB only place to eat is subway that is close by...Gas station is close by and of course I-20

Manager told me that she heard from her corporate office that Tesla is planning to build a supercharger.

But nothing concrete. She told me that it might happen and that Tesla never contacted her office about bringing equipment or starting construction. 20151120_080557.jpg 20151120_080929.jpg 20151120_080932.jpg 20151120_080934.jpg

8. JMG

JMG Member

Yes I would imagine it would go there. I see it making no sense to put on at the CSB on Old Bullard road. Like taurusking said, someone going from Dallas to Shreveport doesn't want to add 40 additional minutes on their drive just getting to the supercharger that far away from I20.

It's not unprecedented that they put a supercharger in a place that is less than convenient. The supercharger in San Marcos is by itself if you go after hours (When the mall is shut down). I was lucky enough to stop there to charge around 9:30 and the bathrooms were still open.

CSB is a great place if its open to go in for a restroom break and get a quick sandwich. I had never previously ever been inside a CSB until I got the Tesla.

9. JMG

JMG Member

Just FYI. I drove by the Greenville CSB today and there is a small (about one and a half parking spaces sized) portable storage units sitting in the parking lot. Its right where I would've guessed the super chargers would be. I didn't have time to go inside and ask any questions.

Of course it could be nothing but it's fun to speculate.

10. taurusking

taurusking Member

I called Collin Street Bakery Lindale location and talked to one of their managers today.

He told me that Tesla is currently in negotiation with the CSB management and it has been confirmed that this location will be a supercharger.

Only thing which has not been confirmed is when the construction would begin.

Hopefully it is not Tesla time...:eek:

11. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

#11 Cottonwood, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Sorry, I did not realize that this thread existed. Here is what I posted on the general Texas Supercharger thread:

I've heard from reliable sources that a Supercharger is coming soon to Lindale, TX. That could be the start of an I-20 route to Jackson, MS. Maybe Shreveport, LA and Monroe, LA in between, for nicely spaced Superchargers... Keep your eyes open out there!

Google Maps — Lindale, Tx - Shreveport, LA - Monroe, LA - Jackson, MS

The Collin Street Bakery looks like a great location: Google Maps — Collin Street Bakery, Lindale, TX

12. bollar

One would think, but perhaps there will be a surprise. A lot of people, including the store manager, thought CSB Greenville was a shoo-in, but it didn't turn out that way!

13. JMG

JMG Member

Yep. The manager at Greenville said that Tesla's initial plans were to build Lindale and Greenville at the same time at both CSBs, but now Greenville is out. Who knows what that does to Lindale, if anything. I do hope it goes in soon though!

14. Doug Darby

Doug Darby Member

Regardless of the specific locations I hope Tesla gets on with the I20 corridor. It needs to run past Jackson to Meridian and Birmingham at least to tie into the Atlanta area SC options.
    Probably equally important as I30 I would think.

15. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

Supercharger.info now shows a blue dot (permit) for Lindale, and says it's one day old. Is there more info about this permit?

16. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

#16 Cottonwood, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    @Blueshift who runs supercharge.info gets his info from this thread among other places. I am pretty sure that it was location discussions on this thread that led to that blue dot.

I sent the link, Supercharger - Lindale, Texas (Speculation), to [email protected], which led to the blue dot.

Let's not start using circular references.

17. L.Robinson

L.Robinson Member

@Cottonwood, is the blue dot at Lindale there because of these discussions are is there actually a permit issued for the construction? I haven't seen mention of the existence of a permit on this thread.

18. taurusking

taurusking Member

I talked to the manager on shift today and she tells me that Tesla told CSB that they would start construction around March or April 2016.

I will swing by once they confirm that they started construction.

19. reddy

reddy Member

Any updates?

I'm planning a potential trip to Florida in May, and if Lindale is up I might use this site on my return leg. I'd need to do an overnight somewhere between Natchitoches and Shreveport, and Lindale would connect me to Ardmore.

Without Lindale it will be easier to go via I-10 and Houston.