Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lindale, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New super charges are coming online at an incredible pace but then again much more new Teslas are coming on the road at a much higher pace.

Not sure if Tesla can increase the pace of superchargers commissioning even more, or if that is even the correct solution. Perhaps a third party company like ChargePoint or evGo can license the tech and commission SCs, provided it makes business sense to them. Like a franchise operation where Tesla can give the equipment for free, but location, approval, installation, operation and maintenance is the responsibility of the third party company. Open up a sandwich shop and other junk food, you can make money on that not too dissimilar from gas stations.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The two chargers closest to IH20 (southernmost) aren't working. On Friday I tried charging on the one on the end and got a charging error message on my screen. Same thing happened on the next one over. I was getting nervous thinking that this was a problem with my car. Then I went over to one of the three on the northern end and it worked (whew).

Today on the return trip -- two days later -- I used a charger next to the two that weren't working for me on Friday; this one worked. During my time charging I noticed two Teslas pull into that one of the southern end and shortly afterwards pulled out of it. So I assume they're still not working.

Luckily, this station wasn't very crowded either times so there were plenty of working chargers available. Hopefully those two will be fixed soon but that station in Tyler can't open soon enough.

• Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
The two chargers closest to IH20 (southernmost) aren't working. On Friday I tried charging on the one on the end and got a charging error message on my screen. Same thing happened on the next one over. I was getting nervous thinking that this was a problem with my car. Then I went over to one of the three on the northern end and it worked (whew).

Today on the return trip -- two days later -- I used a charger next to the two that weren't working for me on Friday; this one worked. During my time charging I noticed two Teslas pull into that one of the southern end and shortly afterwards pulled out of it. So I assume they're still not working.

Luckily, this station wasn't very crowded either times so there were plenty of working chargers available. Hopefully those two will be fixed soon but that station in Tyler can't open soon enough.
On Saturday, 9 Mar, the first two on the East side (closest to I-20) had the nozzles draped over the support. I took the HC slot on the other end and got up to about 115 KW. I presumed that when the dispensers have an issue they call The Mothership, but the website and my car did not report any issues there.

Come on, Tyler! Lindale is a little scary and dark at night, not as bad as Shreveport, but I keep my pocket guard dog handy.

• Informative
Reactions: electric miles