Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lindale, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@purplewalt: I called the CSB today and they told me that it is going to take another 2-3 weeks and still they have not fixed the wiring issues.

You can charge at my home if you want. I live south of Tyler as well and you are welcome to use it. It is regular NEMA 14-50 so about 28-30 miles per hour of charge.

PM me if you need help

@purplewalt: I called the CSB today and they told me that it is going to take another 2-3 weeks and still they have not fixed the wiring issues.

You can charge at my home if you want. I live south of Tyler as well and you are welcome to use it. It is regular NEMA 14-50 so about 28-30 miles per hour of charge.

PM me if you need help

That is helpful information. This time last year, I was waiting on I-10 for March (heading to grapefruit) and we had to take the Camry instead. But I won't need Lindale until late July. I (theoretically) can make it to Shreveport from home - but having Lindale will be a nice safety net. Any indication on the etiology of the wiring issue? I would hate it to persist throughout the entire summer.

WJ

That is helpful information. This time last year, I was waiting on I-10 for March (heading to grapefruit) and we had to take the Camry instead. But I won't need Lindale until late July. I (theoretically) can make it to Shreveport from home - but having Lindale will be a nice safety net. Any indication on the etiology of the wiring issue? I would hate it to persist throughout the entire summer.

WJ

I think its the same issue that @jaysquyres mentioned the fuses keeps blowing and they had to rewire the whole thing again but it is not done yet. I am not sure if they started on it. I got only little info from the CSB people.

PM me if you need help

Thanks for your generous offer taurusking.
Very much appreciated, but I guess I will make my standard trek of Dallas, Corsicana (Supercharge), across thru backroads via Athens then South on 69 to Whitehouse, and then reverse order.
Only like the 10th or 12th time I have used this path.

Cannot wait until CSB Lindale Supercharger goes LIVE.

I went ahead and drove the I-20 route back from Florida through Shreveport, and sure wished this SC had been online. I ended up taking Jay's recommendation and charged with the Chademo adapter at Victron at Shell | Dallas, TX | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare in order to make it to Denton from Shreveport. That one delivers 50kw vs the 120 kw you could get at Lindale.

I was able to make the gap between Shreveport, LA and Pearl, MS much easier, I simply reduced my speed to 65. I even stopped and drove around Vicksburg National Military Park (wasting more miles) and pulled in to Shreveport with 19 miles left from a range charge.

Lindale is a much more needed stop. Monroe will be nice to have, but not a deal breaker.

Supercharged Friday, nearly perfect visit.
Got some Pies, muffins, cookies from CSB.
Very convenient location right on I-20, also makes for a quick jog over to I-49 Loop around Tyler to visit sis and her family in Whitehouse.

This is the new best route to East Texas, beats taking all the backroads over from Corsicana via Athens to Tyler.

The lone less than perfect part was A/C in my Model S stopped working.

Was able to head back to Service Center in Dallas on Saturday from Lufkin, and swap cars for a loaner.
Service Center was awesome (again).

• Informative
Reactions: arcus and vrykolas
Lindale, TX with the Strawberry Moon in the picture.

image.jpeg

East bound on I20 for the Lindale SC, the bridge on 849 is closed crossing I20 to the SC. Continue on I20 to the next exit and double back. To continue East, take 489 north from the SC and follow the navigation in the car. I picked out the same route it did, 849 to 472 to 411. The short 472 is more like a driveway, 1.5 lanes wide and many blind curves in its 1 or 2 mile length.

Locals I talked to at the Collin Street Bakery said a tanker hit the bridge yesterday and took it out. It might be out up to 9 months.

East bound on I20 for the Lindale SC, the bridge on 849 is closed crossing I20 to the SC. Continue on I20 to the next exit and double back. To continue East, take 489 north from the SC and follow the navigation in the car. I picked out the same route it did, 849 to 472 to 411. The short 472 is more like a driveway, 1.5 lanes wide and many blind curves in its 1 or 2 mile length.

Locals I talked to at the Collin Street Bakery said a tanker hit the bridge yesterday and took it out. It might be out up to 9 months.

Thanks for this update. The routing above was completely correct.

I was there today and the bridge in question is... gone. Being reconstructed, and there is no bridge any more over I20 - just piles of dirt for now. Traffic eastbound on I20 is funneled into one lane and quite the delay. Westbound today was not affected.

FWIW, 472 is a "driveway" like farm road. If you have 21" wheels, I suggest navigating this in daylight, as 472 has some sizable pot holes you would not be able to see at night very well. Heck of a road to need a new tire on.

IMG_6596.JPG

Thanks for the intel @redi and @L.Robinson for the intel on this SC. I’m going to need to be there in the spring. To continue eastbound after charging would it not be better to actually get back on heading west and then “double back” again? This would avoid the 472/411 mess. It looks possible from the maps. Wondering if you guys think that is a better move.

Thanks for the intel @redi and @L.Robinson for the intel on this SC. I’m going to need to be there in the spring. To continue eastbound after charging would it not be better to actually get back on heading west and then “double back” again? This would avoid the 472/411 mess. It looks possible from the maps. Wondering if you guys think that is a better move.

When I came up on Lindale going east early in the morning on I20 it was backed-up for 5+ miles because the bridge building @ Lindale had eb I20 shut to one lane - sure you could backtrack west and u-turn to go back east, but I want to sit in that traffic jam only once. The detour through Lindale is only 5 min maybe.

As I was heading back west from Tyler in the afternoon, the eastbound I20 jam for the one-lane under the missing bridge in Lindale was about 10 miles long. I'm sure the jam will move to the westbound side at some point over the next months. Waze had no in-flight recommendations to avoid the eastbound back-up either, so you just sit in it.

For now, stopping at the Supercharger westbound is a doddle - easy on/off, no traffic jam. Once the westbound traffic gets the one-lane construction jam there is probably some option to get off I20 a ways back and navigate around the jam (or use the SC), then get back on once past.

Looking at google maps at 10:45 pm, the eb jam at Lindale is 4 miles long. Getting off eb I20 at 110 might be a better choice if you knew in advance and either get back on eb I20 off 49 or loop back one exit to the supercharger.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

I will probably be skirting around the Lindale Supercharger heading East on Saturday morning, swing by for a top off on the way back Saturday night.
Sincerely appreciate the timeliness of the update regarding construction and road traffic delays.

Visited the Lindale Supercharger this morning, one Model S (60) with OK plates, one Model X (90D) with Virginia plates and trailer hitch arrived just as I was departing.
I-20 had both lanes open at the former bridge site (former bridge is completely gone), went to next exit heading East, and U-turned back to CSB Supercharger.

Returned this evening West bound, got second nice charge @ CSB.

Going to be quite a bit of time before new bridge appears and is put back into full operation.

Patience.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
So coming from Dallas I’m concerned heading through this area. Some have stated the supercharger is blocked off? Or not enough charge to go around through the town?

Any new intel or routes to take?
The bridge is out due to being hit by a truck. It is scheduled for completion in mid-April but might be finished early (it could happen...).

Routing to the next exit and looping back adds 1.5 miles to the range needed. Getting back onto the highway might take some detouring, but at least you'll be freshly charged.

• Informative
Reactions: Cnasty
Routing to the next exit and looping back adds 1.5 miles to the range needed. Getting back onto the highway might take some detouring, but at least you'll be freshly charged.

I am unfamiliar with the area and if I am reading this correctly, you drive only 1.5 miles past the exit actually needed and then exit and loop back the opposite way and you can access the Superchargers?

1.5 miles extra isnt that bad at all and coming from Dallas I should still have a little in reserve but definitely will need to supercharge in Lindale to continue our trip.

Thanks for clarifying.