Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lindale, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am unfamiliar with the area and if I am reading this correctly, you drive only 1.5 miles past the exit actually needed and then exit and loop back the opposite way and you can access the Superchargers?

1.5 miles extra isnt that bad at all and coming from Dallas I should still have a little in reserve but definitely will need to supercharge in Lindale to continue our trip.

Thanks for clarifying.
The total loop back is more than 1.5 miles. It is 1.5 miles MORE than it would be if the overpass were open.

Egad.
Went to visit my sister and brother and law yesterday near Tyler.
First stop around noon was only slightly wonky due to missing bridge.

Late last night was a series of route blockages and two mile reroutings.
About six or seven large dump trucks probably full of gravel blocked exit.

A young couple in their Model X from OK showed up slightly later, I am sure they also were also caught up in the blockades.

New bridge will bring things bck into better routing,
Until Mid April.
Woe.

Egad.
Went to visit my sister and brother and law yesterday near Tyler.
First stop around noon was only slightly wonky due to missing bridge.

Late last night was a series of route blockages and two mile reroutings.
About six or seven large dump trucks probably full of gravel blocked exit.

A young couple in their Model X from OK showed up slightly later, I am sure they also were also caught up in the blockades.

New bridge will bring things bck into better routing,
Until Mid April.
Woe.

Grrrrrrreat

Heading through there today and i am not looking forward to this leg of the trip at all

Been there four times since Feb 2020. Bridge and highway construction are a thing of the past.
Great site, clean, free coffee with Tesla card when they are open. They are closing around 1800 hours nowadays but the humongo gas station/ convenience store is 24/7. It's a little lonely at the S/Cs at night, but it feels OK. Coffee and stuff is across the road.

I have charged a few times at night at Corsicana, TX after 10 pm and boy it is so dark, lonely and a bit scary.

Carry a portable defense spray or two like MACE or pepper spray.
Or a sidearm, depending upon your philosophy and local regulations.
Or both, as I do.
You never need one until you need one. Then you REALLY need one.
You are at a disadvantage, as you have to unlock and remove the charging handle before you can take off.
Need an emergency eject control inside. Push button, eject handle, haul ass.

Carry a portable defense spray or two like MACE or pepper spray.
Or a sidearm, depending upon your philosophy and local regulations.
Or both, as I do.
You never need one until you need one. Then you REALLY need one.
You are at a disadvantage, as you have to unlock and remove the charging handle before you can take off.
Need an emergency eject control inside. Push button, eject handle, haul ass.
I can't echo these points enough!

And the emergency release idea sounds capital. The cost of a charge handle is nothing compared to a life or assault spared.

Reactions: drdumont
Is this SC usually busy on the weekends?
Are some of the SCs broken?
Lindale is somewhat 'busy' on weekends.
More so around holidays, people going to Shreveport for the long weekend to gamble.

One of my sisters lives in Tyler area, so I visit there consistently. I have never seen Lindale's superchargers more than half full. There are broken up into two groups, some on North side and some on East side of building.

I am unaware if any of the chargers are broken/inoperable, or maybe being upgraded to V3.

CSB has been a long time partner with Tesla and Superchargers. They offer free coffee for Tesla owners, and they sell lots of baked goods for holiday enjoyment.

While I like the Lindale CSB, I'd like to see an SC added in Longview at the TBS for better bathroom access overnight.

The location in Shreveport isn’t all that great either afterhours in what amounts to a dying mall and could be avoided traveling East (or Vice versa) with that addition.

Last edited:
Reactions: drdumont
While I like the Lindale CSB, I'd like to see an SC added in Longview at the TBS for better bathroom access overnight.

The location in Shreveport isn’t all that great either afterhours in what amounts to a dying mall and could be avoided traveling East (or Vice versa) with that addition.
Indeed.
While I am very grateful to the powers that were who enabled the Shreveport Supercharger, the location is quite sketchy after dark. On our returns from BR and NOLA, we were generally there in the wee hours and lacking an emergency cast off function (ARE YOU LISTENING, TESLA?), it was unnerving. I suggest at least a couple of MACE or other deterrents (I prefer the size .45) if you have to deal with it after dark. You never need them until you need them badly.
Lindale is nice, but even though there is a 24hr mega convenience store across the street, it is pretty dark and lonely.
Fortunately, I'll be able to eschew Shreveport with my LRAWD.
Hopefully, with the addition of S/Cs at Buc-EEs, perhaps some more of the 4wheeler friendly truck stops will get on board. I for one make it a point to spend at least a little money with any business sponsoring a Supercharger.
I suggest Tesla offer one of the preassembled 4 bangers to assess demand and profit to merchants. Minimal install tsouris and cost. If it doesn't work out, it's easy to move elsewhere.

Last edited:
Alternate if a gun is not your cup of tea - get a superduper USB re-chargeable flashlight that is about 100% as powerful as a spotlight/QBeam on a cop car - they are not cheap but way cheaper than a gun and blinds the subject at 100 feet at the speed of light (267,840 times faster than the muzzle velocity of an AR-15) - just not as deadly.
9,000 Reality lumens - Namina - USB to Micro USB like an andriod phone - Amazon
4,000 reality lumens - Bercol - USB-C charge cable - Amazon

Alternate if a gun is not your cup of tea - get a superduper USB re-chargeable flashlight that is about 100% as powerful as a spotlight/QBeam on a cop car - they are not cheap but way cheaper than a gun and blinds the subject at 100 feet at the speed of light (267,840 times faster than the muzzle velocity of an AR-15) - just not as deadly.
9,000 Reality lumens - Namina - USB to Micro USB like an andriod phone - Amazon
4,000 reality lumens - Bercol - USB-C charge cable - Amazon
Blinding light won’t stop a knife blade (but neither will crappy aim)

Has there been an update in the hardware at the Lindale supercharger? I noted my highest charge rate, today. I’ve been charging there for the last couple of months and have previously seen unimpressive statistics.

Charged Lindale last on 3/12/22 7:14 am on trip from Texas to back to Chicago - 20% SOC upon arrival with preconditioning - max was 141 kw

ChargePoint last checkins:
KW Date
114 4/30
3A not working
150 4/27 - Bluemax36 - always reports 150 ?
114 4/10
107 4/7
144 4/2

Charged at Lindale last Friday and again today. I had charged there several times in the past (most recent over 2 years ago) and was always the only one charging. On Friday it was full with 2 cars waiting - first time I've ever had to wait anywhere. And as others said, one charger was down. Today there were only 2 openings - definitely a lot more Teslas on the roads these days.