Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lisbon, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very excited to know about this SC! Regularly travel from Worcester to Westerly RI which is on route. Was a little disappointed when ABRP said 250kw will be 5min to get me from 22% to 45% and it to 20 minutes to get halfway to 2/3rds of the way. Was only getting 37-40KW with no other stalls occupied.
I was on the furthest stall from the big transformer. I got frustrated and move to the closest on on the orher side and then got 125KW+. I and a bit of a novice at SC. I did use the normal Tesla navigate to precondition. Is there some trick to know if a SC stall is not going to give the max possible given the cars ability to accept it?
Maybe this far away stall is just setup for 60KW or maybe altogether broken? Appreciate a reply as I want to have confidence on long trips

I was very excited to know about this SC! Regularly travel from Worcester to Westerly RI which is on route. Was a little disappointed when ABRP said 250kw will be 5min to get me from 22% to 45% and it to 20 minutes to get halfway to 2/3rds of the way. Was only getting 37-40KW with no other stalls occupied.
I was on the furthest stall from the big transformer. I got frustrated and move to the closest on on the orher side and then got 125KW+. I and a bit of a novice at SC. I did use the normal Tesla navigate to precondition. Is there some trick to know if a SC stall is not going to give the max possible given the cars ability to accept it?
Maybe this far away stall is just setup for 60KW or maybe altogether broken? Appreciate a reply as I want to have confidence on long trips
A properly functioning SC can deliver max power to all stalls. There are no "low power" stalls, regardless of distance to the cabinet. On rare occasions, I have arrived at a SC with 1 or 2 malfunctioning stalls. In older v1 and v2 (<=135kW ) SC's, pairs of stalls share charger equipment (that's why you see the 1A/1B, 2A/2B, etc labels), so it's not uncommon for a pair to go down.

If the stall doesn't work properly, I'll unplug and try again, then try a different stall. If the new stall works, I call Tesla and report it. I don't trust their remote monitoring. Even if it works, a nudge can't hurt.

• Informative
Reactions: ima747
This site is shown as temporarily closed on the navigation system for at least two weeks. Does anyone knows what's up?
Nav changed from Temporary Closure to 8 Stalls Available today. Charging here now.

B19D82E3-8A7F-4DDE-8E8F-8A2AFB66C3A8.jpeg

I was able to visit this Starlink equipped site on Friday November 19, it's apparently one of just 2 such sites in the entire US, maybe the entire world, see:

So I took some updated pictures, in response to Brandon Starr's original tweet about this discovery:

Photos taken by Paul Braren on Nov 19 2021:
8000 IMG_1556.jpeg

I knew there was reduced service when driving there:
IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1548.JPG

I tried 1A and 1D, no charging would start, instead got a red Tesla logo on the charger port.

Moved to 2D, all worked fine, about 95 kW (since I was at 66%, this is expected)
IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1552.JPG

Here's the Starlink dish:
IMG_1543.JPG

Here's a non-public, password-required Wi-Fi:
IMG_1570.PNG

Very weak and slow cellular here, my dual-SIM showed 1 bar on AT&% and 2 bars on Verizon:
IMG_1572.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpeg
    IMG_1572.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 49