TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Bet TSLA, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

This post says "final stages on construction"! Now somebody has to find it. Try Ruby Tuesday?

• Like x 1
  2. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

#2 CSFTN, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    I've been studying a map. How about the shopping area just west of the intersection of I-430 and I-630? Readily convenient to both I-40 and I-30 in what looks to be an affluent and safe part of town.

145 miles approximate to Memphis and same to Texarkana (and Fort Smith).

Or maybe even better, Lakewood Village in North Little Rock about 2 miles from the intersection of I-40 and I-30. Panera Bread, Cici's Pizza, etc. 2851 Lakewood Village Dr, North Little Rock, AR 72116 Google Maps

3. NotMandatory

NotMandatory Member

Aw, man. We were just in Little Rock over Thanksgiving and would gladly have checked out the most likely sites for signs of activity had we known!

• Informative x 1
  4. CarlA

CarlA Member

I'll be making several trips to LR in the next two weeks and will check out as many sites as I can. I got an email from Tesla a few weeks ago saying that they were nearing construction phase in Texarkana.

• Like x 4
  5. MrWoolly

MrWoolly Member

Just off the ramp to Clinton International would be a good spot. There's a Holiday Inn Express just off I440 that would allow by-passing central Little Rock for through travelers.

6. thx1139

thx1139 Member

My sister lives pretty close to the I430-I630 intersection. Nice area. She said she will try and take a look around tomorrow.

• Like x 2
  7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I know there's no specific address, but is this one to add, @BlueShift ?

8. callmesam

callmesam Member

Prolly not until we have a location. Busy beavers get busy beavering.

• Like x 1
  9. Tyl

Tyl Member

Let's get our ground game in order first. We need wheels on the ground to positively find and photograph construction, pedestals, etc. I'm sure Tesla knows where it is, now it's up to those locally to do their due diligence and located the superchargers. Ask their local letter carriers, firefighters, policeman... they can probably steer the locals to the new superchargers!

• Like x 2
  10. jdo

jdo Member

11. mspisars

mspisars Member

The I-630 with 120 SF sounds about right :)

12. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Yes, or perhaps it would be one of the two October permits in the I-430 district. Here is a map of the planning districts. The I-630 district appears to be bounded by W Markham on the north, S University on the west, the train tracks on the east, and Fourche Creek on the south. Looking at Google Earth view, I can find very little traveler services in the area. The I-430 district has some potential: a couple hotels on Financial Centre Parkway near the I-630/I-430 interchange; S Shackleford Road just south of there has a Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn; and there's a decent sized mall east of I-430 and west of S Shackleford. It's not much to go on, though.

13. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

#13 CSFTN, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Based on that last, excellent post, my option #2 is in North Little Rock, apparently outside the jurisdictation of the LR permitting agencies. Anyone know how to search North LR for permits?

Ps may have found it myself. It being a map, clickable, for North Little Rock approved projects.
    http://arcg.is/2adRcW2

Source: Approved Commercial Developments - North Little Rock

14. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

The North Little Rock map lists the entities submitting for the permits and the dates the plans were reviewed but with that information I don't see any potential sites.

15. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

It looks like Blueshift agrees with you (since I emailed him about three locations and updated the other two, but not this one) - just thought I'd check as some sites (e.g. Brush CO, Van Horn TX) get added even without addresses!

16. pnungesser

pnungesser Member

#16 pnungesser, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    True about Van Horn and Brush not having addresses. Blueshift placed the dots in the middle of the interchanges. With only one interstate and one or two exits, he can't be off by much. Little Rock is huge by comparison, with multible interstates and possible locations. I wouldn't have a clue how to put a place-holder there.

17. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

I could find out this info with one call, in my little town. Find someone at city hall that is in construction services, like a code inspector, call and ask. If Tesla is building in town, they will know.

• Like x 1
  18. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Sister on her way to hunt for it right now over by where I430 and I630 converge.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  19. jdo

jdo Member

Now that's what I call a ground game.

• Helpful x 1
  20. thx1139

thx1139 Member

She didnt find anything. Said she will take another look tomorrow.

• Helpful x 1