Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concept of operations for Little Rock EVent: All fully-electric cars are invited to meet at the Clinton Presidential Library parking lot on a Saturday morning in late May, probably the weekend before Memorial Day. We all chat and admire each other's cars. Then, at about 11ish, we begin the parade/convoy down to the SC where we invite media and public to see how great EVs are. We all have lunch and disperse. The only other time for me would be second weekend of June, but then that may be more realistic anyway.

I live in Dallas, but I'd be interested in my first 'Tesla event roadtrip' to the opening of the LR supercharger.
So I'm guessing this is a 'hope' rather than a schedule since we're hoping it will be ready by end of May?
I'll keep watching here to see if there is news.

Thanks to all those posting pix of the construction! 10 stalls?? Really? They must be getting ready for the Model 3.
The LR supercharger will be great for Texas and Tennessee folks but for those of us locals who like to escape central Arkansas to KC or points west, we desperately need a supercharger on I-40 in the Fort Smith/Alma area. Frequently Tesla will work on several in one state at the same time. I'm thinking the three in Iowa and the three in Nebraska that came online close together. Hope this is the case in Arkansas! I will start making some calls to cities and locations along I-40 in western Arkansas this week.
Has anyone heard of noise of a supercharger in Tupelo, MS. Getting from Memphis to Birmingham is a stretch.
Was thinking the same thing... going from Zero to 10 seems a leap. I doubt we'll see that full (other than if there's a grand opening party) for many years to come.

IMG_0567.JPG

Well last week while on a family trip I tapped into my family's circuit panel for a few hours of NEMA 14-50 charging in Hot Springs, then had to hang for 2 hours at a hotel for more 30 amp charging to make it to Memphis for more family, although the last 100 miles at 55 MPH really hurt my ego.

Next time I will happily visit the new SC in Little Rock.

Reactions: vrykolas
Well last week while on a family trip I tapped into my family's circuit panel for a few hours of NEMA 14-50 charging in Hot Springs, then had to hang for 2 hours at a hotel for more 30 amp charging to make it to Memphis for more family, although the last 100 miles at 55 MPH really hurt my ego.

Next time I will happily visit the new SC in Little Rock.
Do you literally carry a circuit breaker with a NEMA 14-50 attached?

Do you literally carry a circuit breaker with a NEMA 14-50 attached?

Yup, it was the original NEMA 14 plug I used until I received the HPWC, then I made it into a portable outlet that i can tap into a 30 or 50 amp circuit breaker in a panel.

I do carry a GE and a SquareD 50 amp breaker, which fits most newer panels, but if not compatible just use an existing breaker not being used, like a stove or HVAC unit.

When visiting family not living near a Supercharger, or in a state where none exists, it really helps to keep charged while visiting, plus allows for a full charge prior to leaving.

Admittedly, you have to be comfortable with working with a live and open breaker panel, breakers, 220v, etc

Plus, your family has to trust that you know what your doing, and you will not cause any damage, fires, etc. So far my Hot Springs family trust me..

Alternatives include finding a fee-based charging station, preferably with a Chademo adapter (nowhere in Ar I found), "stealing" electrons from a hotel with a Tesla charger you are not staying at (H.Inn Airport L.R. - actually offered $$, but was gifted time), or go to the Burger 21 under construction owned by very cool Tesla owner.

Alas, in a month or so it's a moot point, once the most-waited-for SC opens in L.R.

Easy steps
1) Remove Panel Cover (4-6 screws)
2) Turn off individual breaker, remove from panel
3) Loosen existing load wires with screwdriver, remove
4) Insert NEMA plug load wires, tighten, replace fuse in box (keep breaker turned off)
5) Attach Common to proper connection (actually may not be required)
6) Attach ground to proper connection
7) Turn on breaker
8) Plug in Tesla charging cable, look for green light (if red, something ain't right, possibly house not grounded properly - actually happened)
9) Insert not charging port, charge away.

NEMA plug.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to see that Tupelo, MS SC is just about complete! Maybe Tesla will open LR and Tupelo the same day. (I'm predicting the end of next week) Trips from Arkansas to Florida now will be a piece of cake. My wife and I will never forget our first road trip to Miami two years ago. Stopped at the Heartbreak Hotel Campground in Memphis, Campground at Barnes Crossing in Tupelo and Jay's garage in Birmingham before hitting a SC in Auburn, AL! Our two month old grandchild will never believe that story!
Tupelo,MS

Reactions: CSFTN