Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have any insight - more recent than 2 years ago - as to why Arkansas remains almost devoid of Superchargers? There was discussion a couple of years ago about a selling electricity law, but now we have the Little Rock location and Electrify America has *several* locations.

anyone have any insight - more recent than 2 years ago - as to why Arkansas remains almost devoid of Superchargers? There was discussion a couple of years ago about a selling electricity law, but now we have the Little Rock location and Electrify America has *several* locations.

I don't know specifically why Arkansas has only one true Supercharger.

It DOES have several Superchargers on/near the various corners and edges.
Northeast corner (touching): Memphis, TN
N/Northeast corner: Minor, MO
North border:Springfield, MO
N/Northwest corner: Joplin, MO
W/Northwest corner: Tulsa, OK
Southwest corner (touching): Texarkana, TX
S/Southwest corner: Shreveport, LA
South border: Monroe, LA
S/Southeast corner: Pearl (Jackson), MS
East border: Grenada, MS

Northwest vicinity around Ft. Smith, Fayetteville, Bentonville would make most prudent sense for Supercharger #2.
Especially when Tesla Semis come into full scale production and delivery.

I have driven to Bentonville,AR (shout out to Hotel 21c for charging capabilities) at least four times, and through Little Rock three times (first time using local KOA RV Park to charge overnight).
It can be challenging, as very seldom does one encounter another EV almost anywhere throughout Arkansas.

Another Tesla, very seldom.
Bolt?
Leaf?
Probably no to both the latter.

It seems the Tesla marketing/research team has not yet determined that the required resources would be representative for the number of long distance Tesla drivers who would utilize Supercharging.

Probably yes at some later date. Lots of other locations with more users to be serviced.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Anybody have any insight as to the status of this Supercharger? Our route takes us through Little Rock next week, and the last comment on PlugShare (May 30 2020...) indicates it is not functioning and that all stalls were “blocked off”...

Additionally, the nearby Electrify America site has a broken CHAdeMO as of June 4... (EA posted on PlugShare...)

Anybody have any insight as to the status of this Supercharger? Our route takes us through Little Rock next week, and the last comment on PlugShare (May 30 2020...) indicates it is not functioning and that all stalls were “blocked off”...

Additionally, the nearby Electrify America site has a broken CHAdeMO as of June 4... (EA posted on PlugShare...)
I had read on a Facebook Tesla group that the mall area had been blocked off because of protests, but the woman posting it said that the police allowed her inside the barricade to charge, watching her the whole time. Something about that doesn't make sense though, because that area isn't anywhere close to downtown Little Rock. Unfortunately, I can't find the original post.

Anyone in Little Rock??

We passed through Little Rock a couple of weeks ago.

We did not use the Supercharger.

There is a Holiday Inn, slightly North which has four Tesla charging ports. Evidently, either they are seldom or never used. People at front desk did know if they worked, or what they are used for.

We spent the night, charged, got more than enough charge to make it on to Texarkana.

Thanks. Little Rock makes a good overnight spot on this trip, so I booked a hotel near the airport that has Tesla Wall Chargers... I’ll swing by the Supercharger on Sat morning since we will need to stop in the return trip also...

Sounds like the mall being closed has been more of a Corona thing than protests, since the comments go back to March. I'm guessing it is back open now, but don't know what the local area is actually like as far as reopening goes.