Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're making the trip from Springfield, MO area down to New Orleans. Fortunately we have family in Maumelle, AR and will stay the night there on the way home after charging at either the Monroe, LA or Jacksonville, MS supercharger. On the way down we have reservations at the LR Airport hotel to use the destination charger, but our hopes to make it all the way home from NO to SGF are not going to happen, there simply is no practical way to do so.

If the Texarkana chargers are at Olive Garden, I wonder if the same will be true here in Little Rock area? North Little Rock Olive Garden is in a great location in regards to freeway access to I40, and is also in Lakewood Village shopping center. The downside to that location is parking is usually constrained just from the Olive Garden parking itself. There is room behind the Olive Garden by Corky's BBQ, however. Lakewood Village would be an ideal spot, but I won't get the opportunity to check out that area before Xmas, and as Tesla says, it won't be open before then anyhow.

We're making the trip from Springfield, MO area down to New Orleans. Fortunately we have family in Maumelle, AR and will stay the night there on the way home after charging at either the Monroe, LA or Jacksonville, MS supercharger. On the way down we have reservations at the LR Airport hotel to use the destination charger, but our hopes to make it all the way home from NO to SGF are not going to happen, there simply is no practical way to do so.
Speaking of Maumelle, there are few residential chargers available down there listed on PlugShare. I think one is a Nissan Leaf owner, the other is a Tesla owner if I remember correctly. If you hit them up, they may let you charge overnight while you're at your family's place.

Speaking of Maumelle, there are few residential chargers available down there listed on PlugShare. I think one is a Nissan Leaf owner, the other is a Tesla owner if I remember correctly. If you hit them up, they may let you charge overnight while you're at your family's place.
Thanks, my SIL actually has a good NEMA 14-50 outlet we use when there.

Looks like Texarkana SC has been activated. Also, Tesla's SC projections for 2017 are on their website map. Anticipate chargers to be built in LR, Ft. Smith, Clarksville, Forrest City, and Arkadelphia! We'll see! Had the 50,000 mile service on my Model S (May 2014)done yesterday in Nashville. It was nice to be able to drive all the way with superchargers.

Thinking about doing a long drive from New Mexico to Maryland. Would like to take I-40, straight through to Arkansas and Tennessee and then up 81 through Virginia.

What's the latest estimate for a Little Rock supercharger? It's 276 mi between Texarkana and Memphis. Is there any hope for a change in the next 30 days, or would I have to drive a more northerly route like I-70? Which has me concerned because of potential snow...

Thinking about doing a long drive from New Mexico to Maryland. Would like to take I-40, straight through to Arkansas and Tennessee and then up 81 through Virginia.

What's the latest estimate for a Little Rock supercharger? It's 276 mi between Texarkana and Memphis. Is there any hope for a change in the next 30 days, or would I have to drive a more northerly route like I-70? Which has me concerned because of potential snow...
As far as I know there is no news of any imminent construction in or around Little Rock.

Holiday Inn
3201 Bankhead Dr
Little Rock, AR 72206
501-490-1000
south of town by the airport.

Two Tesla chargers (64A) and one J1772 (32A). Free to patrons. I have no personal experience with the location but PlugShare shows several Teslas used the chargers around Christmas.

• Informative
Reactions: tinm and efusco
Holiday Inn
3201 Bankhead Dr
Little Rock, AR 72206
501-490-1000
south of town by the airport.

Two Tesla chargers (64A) and one J1772 (32A). Free to patrons. I have no personal experience with the location but PlugShare shows several Teslas used the chargers around Christmas.
We used one of the Tesla Chargers Christmas night. Very solid.

If you're not staying there they will, reportedly, allow you to use the charger for $10. But depending upon what model car/charger you're likely going to get a maximum of 45mph of range and there is very little to do in the area. The hotel has a lobby, of course, and a pizza restaurant, but if you need a full charge you're going to be sitting around for about 4-5 hours.

• Informative
Reactions: tinm
The Clinton Presidential Library (on plugshare) just replaced their chargers but are probably only 30 amp. You could kill a lot of time between the library and the River Market district (shopping and decent restaurants). I assume you would fully charge at Texarkana and travel through LR and then on to Memphis SC. Looks like you'll need 3- 4 hours of slow charging to get to Memphis at any rate. Can't believe the Marriot charging so much!

efusco,

I must have just missed you. We were sitting around for about 4-5 hours there on Christmas day. As you said there is very little to do in the area and we ended up eating at waffle house and just playing with the kids in the hotel convention area. On the way west we stopped there for 2-3 hours then went on to Russellville for about 2 hrs. On our trip back east we didn't stop in Russellville which made the stop in LR seem like forever.

Last edited:
efusco,

I must have just missed you. We were sitting around for about 4-5 hours there on Christmas day. As you said there is very little to do in the area and we ended up eating at waffle house and just playing with the kids in the hotel convention area. On the way west we stopped there for 2-3 hours then went on to Russellville for about 2 hrs. On our trip back east we didn't stop in Russellville which made the stop in LR seem like forever.
We didn't get to the hotel Christmas night until about 9pm as we'd been celebrating with family in Maumelle.

Looks like Texarkana SC has been activated. Also, Tesla's SC projections for 2017 are on their website map. Anticipate chargers to be built in LR, Ft. Smith, Clarksville, Forrest City, and Arkadelphia! We'll see! Had the 50,000 mile service on my Model S (May 2014)done yesterday in Nashville. It was nice to be able to drive all the way with superchargers.

Late response, but why Nashville? Isn't Dallas SC closer? And does any one know when OK City will be online?

Any update on LR or Arkadelphia? I'm moving to Hot Springs in a few months. Will be commuting daily to LR.