TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Bet TSLA, Dec 4, 2016.

1. ahurst

ahurst Member

Carl, I THANK YOU for your diligence in digging up this info.
    This location lines up perfectly with my route from Hot Springs to west Little Rock.

And thank you Tesla.

• Like x 1
  2. ahurst

ahurst Member

Had to be confusion with Texarkana...

3. ahurst

ahurst Member

So now that we know permitting will be signed off on soon, what is the timeframe for construction, based on historical SuperCharger build-outs?

4. ahurst

ahurst Member

I wonder if the location is going to be in the Bass Pro parking lot or across the street at AT&T...

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

In this part of the country, it's usually less than a year. Usually.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. jdo

jdo Member

According to evtripplanner.com, going 1.0-1.1 times the flow of traffic:
    In a 85D, it's 186-207 rated miles
    In a 60D, 160-170 rated miles
    In a 60, 180-209 rated miles (you'd have to slow down to 0.9 x flow to get down to 172 rated miles)

Rated mileage would go up in cold weather.

7. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Your 60 numbers look really fishy...

• Like x 2
  8. ahurst

ahurst Member

I think rated mileage would decrease in cold weather

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  9. freefaller1985

Probably in the Bass Pro parking lot. The SC in Jackson,Ms is in the Bass Pro parking lot and there are a few in MO that are in the BPS parking lot too.

10. freefaller1985

I'm heading to Hot Springs from Memphis this weekend. I'll drop by for a little recon and see whats going on in the parking lot.

• Like x 1
  11. ahurst

ahurst Member

Excellent

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

They still badly need one in the Fort Smith area, but this is a start.

Congrats and Cheers Arkansas!!

• Like x 1
  13. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Almost on the map! North Dakota is the sole remaining holdout now, right?

14. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

The median time is about 51 days in supercharge.info "Permit" stage and 37 days in the construction stage, but some installations are quite a bit longer.

15. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

Tesla's 2017 planner shows a Supercharger to be built somewhere around Forest City. (Supercharger | Tesla)

• Like x 1
  16. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

Finally! Nice to see one in Little Rock area but that location adds 23 miles to anyone going east or west on I-40.

17. pjason84

pjason84 Member

I did it back in Dec. (in my MX60D) just kept my cruse set at 60/65 and made it no problems. It was a long 2 hrs at the airport hotel to get enough juice to make it to Russellville for more juice. This Supercharger will be a big help.

18. asrose

asrose Member

Update received today - probably won't be able to use it for early May trip from DAL to MEM:

Thank you for your email. We are happy to share that the Little Rock, AR Supercharger is approaching construction. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open this Supercharger Station as quickly as we can. Our team is certainly committed to expanding the Supercharger network throughout the state of Arkansas and we are excited to announce more site information on our website when available.

We appreciate your patience and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology. Keep checking our website for the latest updates to the Supercharger network!

Best Regards,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

19. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

No, you're not getting what those numbers are. This is for a fixed real distance between two points. Those numbers in the comment are the calculation of how many rated miles will be consumed to travel that route. In winter, there will be more energy use for heating, so it will use up MORE rated miles to drive that distance. Therefore the numbers shown will increase in winter, where it takes more rated miles to make the trip.

20. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'll still need some help to get from my home, Nixa, MO, to that supercharger... 206 miles, and not easy miles given the hills and such. I have family in Maumelle who have a NEMA 14-50, so with an hour top up there I can get to the Supercharger and be on my way South, but the rural/EV infrastructure-poor nature of Arkansas means they still need more. Probably one in/near Conway and another in the West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR area.

Ft. Smith and somewhere logical in the South Eastern part of Ark or SW part of Miss. are also needed. But, I'll take what I can get for now.