Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Littleton, MA

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
The Point retail complex in Littleton, MA, near Rt 2 and 495, is about to enter the last phase of construction. A Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel is being added to the complex.

https://www.blacklinere.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Littleton-MA-GD-1.pdf

Hilton is already making a name for themselves as a solid destination charging partner:

Hitting the Road for the Holidays in an Electric Vehicle? Why Hilton Should Be in Your GPS

I'm just speculating, but it seems like a good spot for at least Destination Charging. I guess we'll find out in the coming months

Reactions: gaswalla

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
The Point retail complex in Littleton, MA, near Rt 2 and 495, is about to enter the last phase of construction. A Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel is being added to the complex.

I'm just speculating, but it seems like a good spot for at least Destination Charging. I guess we'll find out in the coming months
When I searched to make sure there wasn't already a thread for a Littleton supercharger, I saw you had mentioned The Point as a good target in a couple of different places. Good instincts! Or maybe Tesla read your posts and reached out? :)

FYI--I reported my comment above and asked the moderators to change the thread title to "Supercharger - Littleton, MA".

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
When I searched to make sure there wasn't already a thread for a Littleton supercharger, I saw you had mentioned The Point as a good target in a couple of different places. Good instincts! Or maybe Tesla read your posts and reached out? :)

FYI--I reported my comment above and asked the moderators to change the thread title to "Supercharger - Littleton, MA".

*Takes a bow*

I live 3 miles away. I have a layman's guess about how many Teslas are in the area. It made sense.

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
Based on the site plan submitted, I think it's going here:

Screenshot_20201204-200459.png

Other end of the plaza from Market Basket.

Tdreamer

Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
  • Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9

minderbinder

Oct 19, 2015
Concord, MA
Nice to see a planning board that can approve these things quickly and efficiently. Compare to the nonsense in Woburn...

Good site, as noted above. Looks like it's raining superchargers in Boston Metrowest - here, Burlington, Woburn. One more up near 495/93 (Salem NH?) and we'll never be more than 10 miles from one!

• Love
Reactions: Tdreamer

thakur

Sep 4, 2017
Acton
I am so happy that this SC is in the plans :). I live about 3 miles to the east from this location and previously i commented that an ideal location could be somewhere in Chelmsford or Lowell to serve the Route-3 traffic as well. Didn't know that a SC will get planned much closer!!!
I will check on this location frequently to update.

Reactions: Tdreamer

bjrosen

Apr 19, 2019
Westford MA
I just checked on it, there is nothing happening. I drove through all of the lots including the Marriott Courtyard and the O-Neil Cinema. It's not shown on the Supercharger map, I wonder if they just collect permits with no specific plans.

Tdreamer

Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
The amount of time between when a permit is approved by a municipality and when construction starts varies. Sometimes it's pretty quick (within a few months perhaps?) and sometimes it can take a year or more. Only Tesla can say why, but presumably it's put into a "projects approved" folder somewhere at Tesla and scheduled when it makes sense and resources are become available. I think Tesla contracts with specific companies around the country to do construction, moving from project-to-project as they complete within a region. So, if the crew was finishing up a project in Connecticut for example (there are a few well underway there now), they might move on to another approved project in the northeast next.

Then again, some projects don't proceed beyond a permit, even once approved by a town. The Beverly supercharger location was approved by the city in December 2017 and went as far as having an electrical permit issued August of 2018 but never moved forward (note: 8 months from approval to permit). Who knows why it never happened. I don't think Littleton, Woburn or Stoughton are in this situation though - all three should be built eventually (probably by the end of 2021).

ModelNforNerd

Apr 17, 2015
Norway, ME
The amount of time between when a permit is approved by a municipality and when construction starts varies. Sometimes it's pretty quick (within a few months perhaps?) and sometimes it can take a year or more. Only Tesla can say why, but presumably it's put into a "projects approved" folder somewhere at Tesla and scheduled when it makes sense and resources are become available. I think Tesla contracts with specific companies around the country to do construction, moving from project-to-project as they complete within a region. So, if the crew was finishing up a project in Connecticut for example (there are a few well underway there now), they might move on to another approved project in the northeast next.

Then again, some projects don't proceed beyond a permit, even once approved by a town. The Beverly supercharger location was approved by the city in December 2017 and went as far as having an electrical permit issued August of 2018 but never moved forward (note: 8 months from approval to permit). Who knows why it never happened. I don't think Littleton, Woburn or Stoughton are in this situation though - all three should be built eventually (probably by the end of 2021).

It's worth noting, though, that the town of Littleton has pretty much rubber-stamped every part of The Point's buildout. They'll definitely build this one.

eladts

Jul 31, 2016
Brookline, MA
Confirmed - this was attached to the planning board meeting in addition to the site plan: https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif806/f/uploads/google_earth_littleton_tesla.pdf which is the same location you shared.

Stop by today. There are some Tesla Energy Equipment...

@eml2 Can you confirm the exact location is as @ModelNforNerd and @Tdreamer indicated? If it is there, the location in supercharge.info needs to be updated.

eladts

Jul 31, 2016
Brookline, MA
Based on the site plan submitted, I think it's going here:

View attachment 614608

Other end of the plaza from Market Basket.

Confirmed - this was attached to the planning board meeting in addition to the site plan: https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif806/f/uploads/google_earth_littleton_tesla.pdf which is the same location you shared.

I drove by today. The location in ModelNforNerd's photo is correct

@Chuq @MarcoRP @tes-s Please update the location of this site on supercharge.info.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC