Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Littleton, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Point retail complex in Littleton, MA, near Rt 2 and 495, is about to enter the last phase of construction. A Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel is being added to the complex.

https://www.blacklinere.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Littleton-MA-GD-1.pdf

Hilton is already making a name for themselves as a solid destination charging partner:

Hitting the Road for the Holidays in an Electric Vehicle? Why Hilton Should Be in Your GPS

I'm just speculating, but it seems like a good spot for at least Destination Charging. I guess we'll find out in the coming months

Reactions: gaswalla
The Point retail complex in Littleton, MA, near Rt 2 and 495, is about to enter the last phase of construction. A Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel is being added to the complex.

I'm just speculating, but it seems like a good spot for at least Destination Charging. I guess we'll find out in the coming months
When I searched to make sure there wasn't already a thread for a Littleton supercharger, I saw you had mentioned The Point as a good target in a couple of different places. Good instincts! Or maybe Tesla read your posts and reached out? :)

FYI--I reported my comment above and asked the moderators to change the thread title to "Supercharger - Littleton, MA".

When I searched to make sure there wasn't already a thread for a Littleton supercharger, I saw you had mentioned The Point as a good target in a couple of different places. Good instincts! Or maybe Tesla read your posts and reached out? :)

FYI--I reported my comment above and asked the moderators to change the thread title to "Supercharger - Littleton, MA".

*Takes a bow*

I live 3 miles away. I have a layman's guess about how many Teslas are in the area. It made sense.

Based on the site plan submitted, I think it's going here:

Screenshot_20201204-200459.png

Other end of the plaza from Market Basket.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Nice to see a planning board that can approve these things quickly and efficiently. Compare to the nonsense in Woburn...

Good site, as noted above. Looks like it's raining superchargers in Boston Metrowest - here, Burlington, Woburn. One more up near 495/93 (Salem NH?) and we'll never be more than 10 miles from one!

• Love
Reactions: Tdreamer
I am so happy that this SC is in the plans :). I live about 3 miles to the east from this location and previously i commented that an ideal location could be somewhere in Chelmsford or Lowell to serve the Route-3 traffic as well. Didn't know that a SC will get planned much closer!!!
I will check on this location frequently to update.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I just checked on it, there is nothing happening. I drove through all of the lots including the Marriott Courtyard and the O-Neil Cinema. It's not shown on the Supercharger map, I wonder if they just collect permits with no specific plans.

The amount of time between when a permit is approved by a municipality and when construction starts varies. Sometimes it's pretty quick (within a few months perhaps?) and sometimes it can take a year or more. Only Tesla can say why, but presumably it's put into a "projects approved" folder somewhere at Tesla and scheduled when it makes sense and resources are become available. I think Tesla contracts with specific companies around the country to do construction, moving from project-to-project as they complete within a region. So, if the crew was finishing up a project in Connecticut for example (there are a few well underway there now), they might move on to another approved project in the northeast next.

Then again, some projects don't proceed beyond a permit, even once approved by a town. The Beverly supercharger location was approved by the city in December 2017 and went as far as having an electrical permit issued August of 2018 but never moved forward (note: 8 months from approval to permit). Who knows why it never happened. I don't think Littleton, Woburn or Stoughton are in this situation though - all three should be built eventually (probably by the end of 2021).

The amount of time between when a permit is approved by a municipality and when construction starts varies. Sometimes it's pretty quick (within a few months perhaps?) and sometimes it can take a year or more. Only Tesla can say why, but presumably it's put into a "projects approved" folder somewhere at Tesla and scheduled when it makes sense and resources are become available. I think Tesla contracts with specific companies around the country to do construction, moving from project-to-project as they complete within a region. So, if the crew was finishing up a project in Connecticut for example (there are a few well underway there now), they might move on to another approved project in the northeast next.

Then again, some projects don't proceed beyond a permit, even once approved by a town. The Beverly supercharger location was approved by the city in December 2017 and went as far as having an electrical permit issued August of 2018 but never moved forward (note: 8 months from approval to permit). Who knows why it never happened. I don't think Littleton, Woburn or Stoughton are in this situation though - all three should be built eventually (probably by the end of 2021).

It's worth noting, though, that the town of Littleton has pretty much rubber-stamped every part of The Point's buildout. They'll definitely build this one.

Confirmed - this was attached to the planning board meeting in addition to the site plan: https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif806/f/uploads/google_earth_littleton_tesla.pdf which is the same location you shared.

Stop by today. There are some Tesla Energy Equipment...

@eml2 Can you confirm the exact location is as @ModelNforNerd and @Tdreamer indicated? If it is there, the location in supercharge.info needs to be updated.

Based on the site plan submitted, I think it's going here:

View attachment 614608

Other end of the plaza from Market Basket.

Confirmed - this was attached to the planning board meeting in addition to the site plan: https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif806/f/uploads/google_earth_littleton_tesla.pdf which is the same location you shared.

I drove by today. The location in ModelNforNerd's photo is correct

@Chuq @MarcoRP @tes-s Please update the location of this site on supercharge.info.