Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen the bars for the last two days...
I agree. Was on a trip this weekend, the bars would have been helpful. I had a choice of 2 SpC to charge at, when I arrived at the one I decided to to go (the latter one), it was fully booked, no free spots. After 5 minutes, I got a spot.

You know what else would be nice? If Tesla put that the damn station was charging at a reduced rate. I called them and asked them why I'm seeing 25kw charge rate on an empty battery (and that's still too low even for a paired stall) "sir, all 4 stalls are operating at reduced capacity, we are aware, and a technician will get to it".

That sort of information would've been nice to have too, on that huge 17" screen.

Sorry for the rant. :mad:

he addressed you as 'sir' ?
He may have addressed me by my last name "Mr. LastName". My annoyance was not with the customer service rep -- he was nice, he told me all 4 stalls are reduced rate, he checked my car remotely, said nothing is wrong on my end, said I'm not the first person to call in, said that a technical will fix it (no ETA given).

I was annoyed that the stall occupancy information wasn't on the 17" (I didn't bring it up) and that the reduced rate information couldn't have been put on the 17", because I've seen a circle with a line through it on another SpC (which I'm guessing was fully down). So they have the capability to do it.

I'm not. I'm just saying that on a weekend like this, where there are going to be long lines at some popular SC locations, the SC status indicator is useless at conveying real-time SC utilization. So it's arguably better to not have the indicator on at all.

Say there's one stall that's ICEd out of 8. How many people are going to see "1 of 8 stalls available" on the touchscreen and assume they charge when they arrive.. but when they do, there's 10 cars waiting?

Not quite sure I agree. I definitely want to see the indicator when superchargers are anticipated to be crowded, especially when several options are available.

Also, 1 out of 8 is basically the same as 8 out of 8 in my book. There could simply be one stall in transition, or the stall could in fact be broken.

I am sure that this is somehow user error, but I am no longer seeing any information about superchargers on my maps? When I took delivery two weeks ago the tech showed me how to see the number of stalls and real time occupancy. Now every time I click the little bolt icon, the list of superchargers comes up with location data, I can see them on the map but there is no additional data once pressed. I can see the list of amenities (wifi, food etc) but where the data should be regarding number os stalls, nothing, nada.

Did I turn something off? Help is much appreciated.

Tesla giveth and taketh away... Neither actions include any communication from Tesla (that I can recall) which again is their biggest issue to date and it's absurd that they haven't figured out this very BASIC thing yet... How can a company be so poor at communications? At this point I'm forced to conclude it's intentional and willful... Tesla is going to be in serious trouble if a competent competitor ever actually emerges...

Jeff

Reactions: Max* and caltechkid
I don't Supercharge all that much, but how useful is this info? Not saying i don't like the info, I think its cool but kind of seems like a novelty until they get a higher density of Superchargers and we can actually make choices on which to visit. in NCAL, I have no real other options when I travel to and from the bay area.. Vacaville or bust for me.. a Supercharger in Williams would sure be nice..

...seems like a novelty until they get a higher density of Superchargers...
Lots of locations have high enough density to make it useful. I skipped Pocatello to get to Idaho Falls heading Northbound to the eclipse early this morning. Turned out to be a good choice but it would have been really handy to know how full those locations were.

Density aside, you can plan dinner reservations much easier if you know that a site is empty rather than full with a wait.

Also, 1 out of 8 is basically the same as 8 out of 8 in my book. There could simply be one stall in transition, or the stall could in fact be broken.

I don't understand. 1 out of 8 available is the same as 8 out of 8 available? How does that work? If that's what you're saying, I don't see the usefulness of that. If that one stall is broken, there could still be a line of 10 waiting, and you'd never know. Same with a stall "in transition." But that same 1 out of 8 could be a real empty stall and no waiting. Not sure how you would divine which of those three possibilities it is without any additional information. In one case you charge immediately, the other, you're waiting 2 hours.