Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So are we assuming that this is the same data Tesla is using to calculate the Supercharger loading to trigger idle time charges? If so, those using the Junction, TX or Three Rivers, TX for charging should not plan to eat meals there. Those have showed that they are more than half full since this data was provided to us, and I'm sure there is nobody there. Overstaying by 5 minutes will always cost you at those locations (and there are certainly others I don't know about).

You might want to make a habit of checking what the loading being reported to Tesla is at the SC you are charging at, and compare that to reality.

So are we assuming that this is the same data Tesla is using to calculate the Supercharger loading to trigger idle time charges? If so, those using the Junction, TX or Three Rivers, TX for charging should not plan to eat meals there. Those have showed that they are more than half full since this data was provided to us, and I'm sure there is nobody there. Overstaying by 5 minutes will always cost you at those locations (and there are certainly others I don't know about).

You might want to make a habit of checking what the loading being reported to Tesla is at the SC you are charging at, and compare that to reality.
I've always been able to finish a meal at a supercharger before my 60 gets to 100%.

@Ingineer has showed that the car pulls JSON encoded data from the mothership. My guess is that my car on 7.1 is downloading the same data, but the GUI does not have the function to pull this data and render it on the map.

That is why a firmware update is required.
That's what I figure. It's could actually be receiving the data but just not know how to process it.

Hmm, I may have to consider updating from 7.1. Well, I'll at least wait until I'm on a road trip.
I definitely see this as a valuable tool. Case in point, the image posted by @andrewket in post #8. If you're traveling along i95, you can make an informed alteration of your charge plan and avoid Woodbridge when you see it is pretty busy.
It's not the complete list as we used to have.
A Tesla sales guy and I sat in the showroom car for a while, when I was trying to convince myself to update. I found that if you zoom the map out before touching the lighting bolt icon, it will display a longer list but not sorted in any way. Very disappointing.

I would not expect it to. You need the latest firmware version.

You took my quote out of context. I did not expect it to work either. I was responding to this comment:

I didn't see it at first until I actually selected one of the closer Superchargers, then the status started showing for that one and all the nearest ones.

I also said above that a FW update was needed, which I clarified to mean 7.1-->8.0.

Reactions: CSFTN
Would like a feature showing how many cars are en route to a particular SC and their ETA. Also would be nice to show when next car is scheduled to complete their requested charging. Hopefully these other features will be implemented with time, the occupancy status is a nice first step.

Sweet!
IMG_20170209_190410.jpg