Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy *sugar*, people in LA are cheap asses. Or live in multi unit dwellings and need SC stations. Glad they are moving to paid to free up the opportunists from those in need.
What's weird is the Fountain Valley SpC, which has been marred by locals leaving their cars for long periods shows "0 of 6 stalls available" but there is NO mention of an idle fee. Contrast with Santa Ana "4 of 12 stalls available" which states the $.40/min idle fee.

Hmm.

Would be nice if they added max charging rate since some SC (Burbank) limit charging to 35 kW.

@ecarfanI don't know that this info is of great use, since most charging opportunities will be ~ 2 hours away once I commit myself to a route.

EVERYBODY: Dog Pile on the least loaded Supercharger! :eek:
Welcome addition, and about time! However, there could be a downside, no?
Now, lets add how many cars are navigating to a given charger to the map, and the race is on! :p

Yeah, not helpful on I-10 or I-35, etc. where we have to stop at the next supercharger no matter what...

Of course now a bunch of people will waste all kinds of time tracking usage.
I do wish there was a web interface for this for automated data gathering.

Would be nice if they put sensors in the SC stations to see if they are ICEd or EVholed too so they can automatically dispatch tow trucks to the SC stations.

Now, to offer that data to the desktop for someone about to leave work to see what the "supercharger weather" is like on their possible routes home.

There's just no pleasing some people. ;):p

It seems pretty cool, and I don't even own a Tesla yet or plan to use the superchargers much (if at all) but hopefully it turns out to be useful for many people.

IMG_3266.JPG
What's weird is the Fountain Valley SpC, which has been marred by locals leaving their cars for long periods shows "0 of 6 stalls available" but there is NO mention of an idle fee. Contrast with Santa Ana "4 of 12 stalls available" which states the $.40/min idle fee.

Hmm.

I noticed that too. San Diego is the same way.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
So I haven't checked my car since news broke. Was this in a specific update, or did it magically just start for people in their existing version?

It just started - I think they added it to the navigation data that the car is pulling down from the server. I'm actually still on a version of 8.0 from last year (2.52.22) and I have them today.

I suspect some of the data isn't accurate. I don't think I've ever seen the Lone Tree, Colorado location with fewer than 2 or 3 cars charging, let alone empty. It's shown as empty every time that I've checked it this evening. It's a nice new feature but I'm sure there are probably a few wrinkles to iron out.

• Informative
Reactions: David99
@ecarfan LOL. I totally see those. I ran out of my office immediately after OP posted his find to get the picture. I was remarking on how those features were not present a mere few hours earlier. I don't know that this info is of great use, since most charging opportunities will be ~ 2 hours away once I commit myself to a route. Best case, it will tell me when it is advisable to skip over a site, especially at the end of the day, when I'm soon to reach a destination (charger). Such a 'go/no-go' decision will likely be made when I'm looking at the off-ramp and I'm 10 minutes from the SuperCharger.

As Tesla adds redundant chargers the significance of this feature will grow. For instance, in CA there are a few places spaced minutes apart where this kind of information would prove extremely useful.

Would be nice if they put sensors in the SC stations to see if they are ICEd or EVholed too so they can automatically dispatch tow trucks to the SC stations.

This would require new hardware and is very, very long down the line.

Much more useful,IMHO, and something they can do now is show max amps available at each stall. It would take the guesswork out of identifying the correct stall to use.

It looks like the functionality was added a couple of versions ago but just stayed displaying data today.

How do you know the functionality was added in previous versions? Do you have root? Any goodies to share?

Very cool! Nice work Tesla! Works for me for the NorCal locations but not for SoCal.

I believe it only works for locations within driving range.