Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With recent update to Firmware 2.52.22 I just noticed real nice Supercharger Live Status feature. If you touch the flag for one of the Superchargers in range (bright red), all the SC in range on the map display a little horizontal bar with as many slots as stalls at that location. The number of stalls currently in use are displayed in RED. Very nice.

Perhaps this is old news, but I could not find it elsewhere.

I checked this morning and those status bars were not present. Very slick to add these. I wonder how often they get updated? Every minute, I would hope. My most distant SuperCharger report is 350 miles from my location ~55% further than my battery will take me.
Occupancy-350mi.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: brucet999
Looking at the photo you posted of your center display, on the far right side I see a Supercharger location icon labeled "C" and right above it are the bars in red that the OP refers to. I also see those bars above the icon for the Woodlands Supercharger and the Victoria Supercharger. Look again.
I checked this morning and those status bars were not present. Very slick to add these. I wonder how often they get updated? Every minute, I would hope. My most distant SuperCharger report is 350 miles from my location ~55% further than my battery will take me.
View attachment 213859

@ecarfan LOL. I totally see those. I ran out of my office immediately after OP posted his find to get the picture. I was remarking on how those features were not present a mere few hours earlier. I don't know that this info is of great use, since most charging opportunities will be ~ 2 hours away once I commit myself to a route. Best case, it will tell me when it is advisable to skip over a site, especially at the end of the day, when I'm soon to reach a destination (charger). Such a 'go/no-go' decision will likely be made when I'm looking at the off-ramp and I'm 10 minutes from the SuperCharger.

In Texas, I've got 12 sites visible as follows
0. 2 sites, Lindale & Columbus
1. 4 sites
2. 2 sites
3. 0
4. 3 sites
5. 0
6. 1
7 or more. 0​
Total of 26 cars (at least from what I could see), with average occupancy at around 3PM local, 2.17 cars per site.

@ecarfan LOL. I totally see those. I ran out of my office immediately after OP posted his find to get the picture. I was remarking on how those features were not present a mere few hours earlier. I don't know that this info is of great use, since most charging opportunities will be ~ 2 hours away once I commit myself to a route. Best case, it will tell me when it is advisable to skip over a site, especially at the end of the day, when I'm soon to reach a destination (charger). Such a 'go/no-go' decision will likely be made when I'm looking at the off-ramp and I'm 10 minutes from the SuperCharger.
Yeah, not helpful on I-10 or I-35, etc. where we have to stop at the next supercharger no matter what, but it will be helpful in California where there seemingly is a supercharger around almost every corner.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
In Texas, I've got 12 sites visible as follows
0. 2 sites, Lindale & Columbus
1. 4 sites
2. 2 sites
3. 0
4. 3 sites
5. 0
6. 1
7 or more. 0​
Total of 26 cars (at least from what I could see), with average occupancy at around 3PM local, 2.17 cars per site.

I like it. I show 6 of the 8 stalls in Three Rivers as being full. 6 of 8 in Junction show as in use. I have my doubts, but it's a step, for sure! (for those who don't know, those are relatively new installations, where we wouldn't normally see another Tesla)

Holy *sugar*, people in LA are cheap asses. Or live in multi unit dwellings and need SC stations. Glad they are moving to paid to free up the opportunists from those in need.
I think it's simply population density, Tesla density, as well as having a lot of apartment dwellers due to how the housing market works in the area.