Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Livermore, CA - Vasco Plaza (permit found, 32 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pluto

is a Planet
Nov 17, 2015
Auburn, AL
Marco found a permit for a Tesla supercharger located at 1472 N Vasco Rd. It'll be located in a shopping center along with Rite Aid, Mountain Mikes, Starbucks, 88 Seafood Market, and more. The permit lists 32 stalls and I called to confirm it is a Tesla supercharger station (some details were missing on the permit):

1684963124340.png

It is a good location just before the climb over the Altamont Pass; near the corner of Vasco Road and I-580. The next closest SuperCharger bank is in Tracy and that might be a tad far for folks near empty and wanting some piece-of-mind. This location might also be easier to get to than the Outlet Center and Jack London Blvd. superchargers.

I-580 has a lot of traffic flow in the mornings and afternoons driving past; and the same is true of Vasco Road. This Vasco Plaza shopping center has numerous amenities for folks to hang-out while charging.

1685114244615.png

1685114344205.png

Tesla may have also made the decision now because the supercharger voting pin for Vasco Road, Livermore, is doing so well. Presently at #27 in the North American voting.
1685114397311.png

According to the 2017 CalTrans data:

there are between 174,000 and 204,000 vehicles per day on I-580 passing by Vasco Road (annual average daily traffic; AADT). And Vasco Road itself is quite busy throughout the day.

According to the application that Pluto found, there will be 32 chargers. The power capacity (150kW, 250kW, or 350kW ?) was not listed on the application. No word if these are Tesla-only or the new Tesla+CCS1 combo chargers. Ditto version3 vs. version4.

Looks like a great location!

Scott

--

2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range, red/white, tow

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto
evgo is installing superchargers in the parking lot, and i talked to the guy in charge of installing them.
he told me pge is minimum 1 year out for a transformer on the project, so these evgo chargers wont be open till minimum q3 2024, and the companies building transformers for electrical companies building out car chargers have a minimum 1 year build time.
the evgo chargers are technically a different address than the tesla chargers, the chargers are basically in the same parking lot though.
assuming the wait from pge is the same deal with tesla, these 32 stalls wont be available for use until q3 2024 also.

the guys told me when they are done with their evgo project here in livermore they will be headed to yosemite valley and installing 56 rivian chargers, and when the snow melts on tioga pass, in tuolumne meadows they have another 4 rivian chargers to install.
they also mentioned they are installing rivian chargers in 44 different national and state parks in nevada, however i dont know much about nevada and will be google searching to find out if there really is 44 parks in nevada

• Informative
Reactions: e645824 and bmah
evgo is installing superchargers in the parking lot, and i talked to the guy in charge of installing them.
he told me pge is minimum 1 year out for a transformer on the project, so these evgo chargers wont be open till minimum q3 2024, and the companies building transformers for electrical companies building out car chargers have a minimum 1 year build time.
the evgo chargers are technically a different address than the tesla chargers, the chargers are basically in the same parking lot though.
assuming the wait from pge is the same deal with tesla, these 32 stalls wont be available for use until q3 2024 also.

the guys told me when they are done with their evgo project here in livermore they will be headed to yosemite valley and installing 56 rivian chargers, and when the snow melts on tioga pass, in tuolumne meadows they have another 4 rivian chargers to install.
they also mentioned they are installing rivian chargers in 44 different national and state parks in nevada, however i dont know much about nevada and will be google searching to find out if there really is 44 parks in nevada

Nitpick: Whatever EV chargers are being installed for EVgo are not called "Superchargers". That's the term for Tesla's Level 3 charging stations.

Bruce.

i guess its too late to edit the post but the guy told me they were doing a i think 56 mile stretch of road in i forgot the exact state, maybe indiana? where the cars will be wirelessly charged as you drive down the road, of course if your car supports that.

I would hope that Tesla has already addressed the transformer issue (i.e. sitting in a Tesla warehouse somewhere) and just needs a high voltage cable from PG&E. It would be really cool if Tesla got their 32 SuperChargers operational before those EVgo units. :cool:

I drove by that EVgo setup in that Vasco Plaza shopping center on May 30 and took some photos. I saw the nine (?) white EVgo dual-cable units (CCS1 and CHAdeMO), the white banks, and a big green equipment box. The white "dispensers" are SigNet SHDP350K-NCC-PS. They are rated for 350kW but are ofcourse limited by what they are actually fed by the other white boxes.

1685844125753.png

1685844308687.png

1685844327274.png

1685844356947.png

1685844387165.png

1685844433800.png

1685844487041.png

Scott

--

2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range, red/white, tow

not sure how long the evgo charger has been open, but i saw cars at it the other day.