Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13000 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia, MI 48150
Northeast corner of the Meijer parking lot
Map: Google Maps

Hi Everybody. I spotted a 10 stall (9 back-in, 1 pull-in) supercharger under construction last Sunday, September 24, at the Meijer on Middle Belt Rd just off of I-96 exit 176 in Livonia, MI. I did not have time to take photos or investigate further, but I did notice that the conduit had been installed. This morning, however, I checked the site again. The conduit had been covered and the concrete pads for the charger cabinets and the transformer have been poured as can be seen in the attached photos.

This is a very convenient location for those heading to downtown Detroit or Canada since it just off of I-96. Walkable food options include a Popeyes, a Culver's, and an Outback Steakhouse. There are also more restaurants across Middle Belt Rd, though they are a bit of a walk. Shopping options include a Meijer, a Costco, a Micheal's, and a Home Depot just to name a few. There is a Hampton Inn nearby as well.

I will be checking on the site's progress every weekend.

Attachments

• 2017-09-30 09.09.39.jpg
    2017-09-30 09.09.39.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 2017-09-30 09.10.07.jpg
    2017-09-30 09.10.07.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 2017-09-30 09.11.23.jpg
    2017-09-30 09.11.23.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 2017-09-30 09.47.59.jpg
    2017-09-30 09.47.59.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 283
13000 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia, MI 48150

Hi Everybody. I spotted a 10 stall (9 back-in, 1 pull-in) supercharger under construction last Sunday, September 24, at the Meijer on Middle Belt Rd just off of I-96 exit 176 in Livonia, MI. I did not have time to take photos or investigate further, but I did notice that the conduit had been installed. This morning, however, I checked the site again. The conduit had been covered and the concrete pads for the charger cabinets and the transformer have been poured as can be seen in the attached photos.

This is a very convenient location for those heading to downtown Detroit or Canada since it just off of I-96. Walkable food options include a Popeyes, a Culver's, and an Outback Steakhouse. There are also more restaurants across Middle Belt Rd, though they are a bit of a walk. Shopping options include a Meijer, a Costco, a Micheal's, and a Home Depot just to name a few. There is a Hampton Inn nearby as well.

Wow, good find. they are moving so fast it is hard to keep up.
jim

Great! This one would have been very valuable to me a few months ago. I'll wage there will be another one or two in the grater Detroit area within the next few months.

This is a great location. We'll probably make use of this in January when we're in town for the Detroit Auto Show. We're renting a Model X for the trip and staying in Ypsi, so between this and the Ann Arbor Supercharger, we'll be set. :cool:

This is a great location. We'll probably make use of this in January when we're in town for the Detroit Auto Show. We're renting a Model X for the trip and staying in Ypsi, so between this and the Ann Arbor Supercharger, we'll be set. :cool:

There are a few HPWCs in the Z lot on the corner of Library and Gratiot in downtown. Its about a mile away from Cobo but there is a people mover stop right across the street from the lot and it will drop you off right in Cobo.

I've taken two trips to Detroit from Atlanta this year. I'm anticipating a third in November. I doubt that this will be complete, but it will be a welcome addition whenever it's done. On my first trip between Detroit and Atlanta, there were zero Superchargers. The trip took two days. We charged at fellow Tesla owners homes; those who owned HPWCs. I enjoyed meeting fellow owners back then. But this is much better.

I stopped by yesterday to check on the progress of the install. The charger cabinets and the frames for seven of the ten EVSEs have been installed. The transformer has not been installed.

Attachments

• 2017-10-07 15.40.23.jpg
    2017-10-07 15.40.23.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 2017-10-07 15.40.36.jpg
    2017-10-07 15.40.36.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Acps110
13000 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia, MI 48150

I've taken two trips to Detroit from Atlanta this year. I'm anticipating a third in November. I doubt that this will be complete, but it will be a welcome addition whenever it's done. On my first trip between Detroit and Atlanta, there were zero Superchargers. The trip took two days. We charged at fellow Tesla owners homes; those who owned HPWCs. I enjoyed meeting fellow owners back then. But this is much better.

We drove from Dayton OH to Atlanta last October and make frequent trips from Dayton to Detroit. We've only used Destination chargers in Detroit twice, because they were convenient, but could have made it to Ann Arbor without it. The new Livonia charger is only 32 miles closer to Detroit than the one in Ann Arbor. Plenty of superchargers between Dayton and Atlanta.

13000 Middlebelt Rd,
Livonia, MI 48150

Cool! 6 miles from my sister's house. I've been trying to find out where it was going in, but didn't have any luck.