Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pics I snapped yesterday (Friday the 13th) at the Livonia location. First shot shows where the SC is located in relation to the Meijer. It's about as far off Middlebelt as you can get and a bit away from the store as well, which probably helps out with reducing the chances of getting iced. Overall a good location in the parking lot and from I-96.

upload_2017-10-14_9-14-4.png

Only 4 stalls are dressed up right now...the rest are still a bit naked.

upload_2017-10-14_9-15-22.png

Electrical gear...

upload_2017-10-14_9-16-4.png

Backside of the same equipment...

upload_2017-10-14_9-16-48.png

Reverse angle looking out at what's behind this SC location:

upload_2017-10-14_9-17-55.png

Do this one get trees? Or are the folks at Meijer just locating some overstock within the fenced off area. I guess time will tell.

upload_2017-10-14_9-18-49.png

We drove from Dayton OH to Atlanta last October and make frequent trips from Dayton to Detroit. We've only used Destination chargers in Detroit twice, because they were convenient, but could have made it to Ann Arbor without it. The new Livonia charger is only 32 miles closer to Detroit than the one in Ann Arbor. Plenty of superchargers between Dayton and Atlanta.

Oh, I failed to mention, my first trip from Detroit to Atlanta happened in 2013. During that trip, the only Supercharger I encountered was in Normal Il. We drove from Atlanta to Chicago, Chicago to Detroit, then Detroit, to Atlanta. That was an EV driving adventure, and we planned it as such. Since then I'm made over 10 trips between Detroit and Atlanta. I now have 192,000+ miles on my MS.

Wow, that is quite a few miles! How is the S holding up? Any issues? Curious about battery degradation and perhaps how you tend to charge/leave the car plugged in and how often. Not many have this much experience to draw from... Thx in advance for the info :)