Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lamb ... probably not - what we have seen happen at other sites is the utility will install the transformer and then Tesla will show up to test and ensure it is within specs. If you read through the later Bay City posts you can see that the testing sometimes reveals voltage anomalies that could shut the service down until the voltage is regulated properly (see @ItsNotAboutTheMoney’s post above - it looks like Tesla may be pre-emptively installing regulators).

@lamb ... probably not - what we have seen happen at other sites is the utility will install the transformer and then Tesla will show up to test and ensure it is within specs. If you read through the later Bay City posts you can see that the testing sometimes reveals voltage anomalies that could shut the service down until the voltage is regulated properly (see @ItsNotAboutTheMoney’s post above - it looks like Tesla may be pre-emptively installing regulators).
Got it

Not much has changed since the last time I was by here. They do have all the SC's wired up at this point, but they still do not have the transformer nor are they finished with the wiring to the transformer. That is what they were working on today when I stopped there. One of the guys claimed that the transformer was still a couple weeks away from being installed. That seems to be all that they are waiting on at this point is for DTE to come by and drop that off. Then Tesla does their thing and this one should be good to go.

upload_2017-10-26_13-31-35.png

Actually, the answer to the inspection item is a resounding YES! I stopped by and talked the installation crew today. They said that it does have to be inspected, and to tomsModelS's point, Tesla will come out and test it. Right now, the crew said that the work on site that they are required to do is completed. However, DTE is not ready to install the transformer. They are waiting for some other work to be performed by the city. It sounded to me like DTE and the city both need to put a bit more work in before the transformer can go in. Of course, once the transformer is in then Tesla will come out and perform their inspection as well... again, to all the equipment.
This supercharger was definitely one of the slower ones to get the permits taken care of and to start work... the team that put the equipment in sure as hell worked hard on this though, to catch up. They said that the deadline was Nov 15th I believe. Seems like they made it.
Sure hope it's ready soon!

I happened to be in the area and didn’t realize we already had a report today. So... no news! Got a few nice night shots, though.

I lived near here years ago. It feels a bit surreal to me to sit in the car looking out at a strip mall where I have shopped hundreds of times over the years, often while dreaming of someday owning a Tesla.

284BA7E3-718A-4D3E-8764-922E5EF76383.jpeg
4BA1885F-CBF6-40D5-B583-0082875007FC.jpeg
7B80CB88-7FF1-4E17-8AEA-1DAC70A8CEE3.jpeg

Attachments

• 65B28E9D-5E14-4E80-863D-54153E6D190C.jpeg
    65B28E9D-5E14-4E80-863D-54153E6D190C.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 48