Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some signs of progress today :)
Some heavy equipment, large conduit, railings etc.
1511813865175945864431.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tomsModelS
I would have thought all the below ground work was already done on this one. Obviously there's still more to do than I thought. I was under the impression that the next thing we were going to see was a transformer being installed. Perhaps what is being done now is because whatever was done before was not "good enough" to pass inspection. Of course that's just my guess.

I would have thought all the below ground work was already done on this one. Obviously there's still more to do than I thought. I was under the impression that the next thing we were going to see was a transformer being installed. Perhaps what is being done now is because whatever was done before was not "good enough" to pass inspection. Of course that's just my guess.

Based on conduit size, and the plates on the road, it looks like they are digging a trench across the road for the main power feed.

• Informative
Reactions: IT Geek
Boy it would be great if this is up and running by the 13th! I will be staying about 10 mins away visiting friends, and the hotel does not have any chargers. This would just be so convenient. Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!!!!

Boy it would be great if this is up and running by the 13th! I will be staying about 10 mins away visiting friends, and the hotel does not have any chargers. This would just be so convenient. Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!!!!

If this one is not up and running, the AAA in Canton, MI on Canton Center near Ford Road has a chargepoint level two charger that is free. I know its not Ideal but could help you in a bind.

• Informative
Reactions: Brown4141
If this one is not up and running, the AAA in Canton, MI on Canton Center near Ford Road has a chargepoint level two charger that is free. I know its not Ideal but could help you in a bind.
Also of note, there are two chargers on your way North, in downtown Dearborn, that are free. One in the local parking structure next to "La Fork" (1 spot, 22mi/hr level II) and another at the local Amtrac station parking lot (3 spots, 22mi/hr level II). Hope this is helpful if you need it.

• Informative
Reactions: Brown4141
Nothing really new on this visit from what was last reported. The big equipment is still there and half the road is still closed behind the chargers. None of the stalls are numbered yet (Tesla does that part after the meter goes in).
upload_2017-12-2_19-4-24.png

There's some cleanup to do and a meter to install.
upload_2017-12-2_19-5-52.png

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Joe
This installation went from being impressively swift to being disappointingly slow. Supercharge.info shows it has now been under construction for 72 days. I understand this is due to several factors, but I need to keep this one in mind as an example of how unpredictable installations can be!

Yeah, that's true. Roseville got done rather fast and I think that got my hopes for this one up as well. It seems like it's been in limbo for a while now. The worst one I watched online getting finished was the one in Austin, TX which took well over 200 days. So, we're still doing better than that one thus far... :)

Well, we have a meter...but we do not have power.
upload_2017-12-15_20-32-33.png

The stalls are neither lit (obviously with no power) nor numbered yet either.
upload_2017-12-15_20-33-34.png

But it's getting really close now. However, I did not hear any updates about this one from the Tesla folks, so I'm not sure when to expect it to go live. There does not look like there is any more work to do aside from numbering the stalls and turning on the power. Maybe next week, maybe next year, who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: tomsModelS