Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah...unfortunately the one in Auburn Hills has sat for several weeks in the same condition whereas the Roseville one was done 5 days after the meter was installed. So we'll just have to wait and see which pattern this one follows.

Unofficially you show up and try to charge. Many times the Tesla guys will monitor voltage fluctuations with real live charging going on prior to signing off on the site.

Officially, if you are from out of town, don’t take the chance and show up to charge with an empty tank. We have seen a few sites go offline unexpectedly so the team can install micro-transformers to regulate output.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well. I've seen them lit up and ready to use but not on the Tesla maps yet (neither car nor website). Roseville was like that...a couple of us used it before it showed up on the map. The same was true of Toledo. I went down there and charged up the night I heard it had power and numbers on the stalls. It worked for me, albeit a bit on the slow side Then they took it offline for a day to actually install some additional equipment (which thankfully is already installed at the Livonia site) and then it went back up again. Now I hear it works much faster. So sometimes we are the "beta testers" for a newly activated SC before the Tesla folks make it generally known that it's available.

Well, I was in the neighborhood this evening and I stopped in and took a look tonight. Was hoping to see the Tesla logos lit up as it was already dark when I got there... Unfortunately no new progress at all to report. Same state as before. Meter is installed, no power.

It's mostly done...everything looks to be in place. The transformer is there, the meter is there...there's just no power.

It's been in the same condition for almost a month now I believe. Which is a bit concerning. .

The ones in Roseville and Ann Arbor are working just fine though...but a bit farther out of the way I'm sure.

I wonder why the Livonia Supercharger isn’t yet energized.

Yeah, I think we're all wondering that about now. All the pieces look to be in place. The meter was installed around the 15th of December, and that's usually the last thing that has to be done to get the site up and running. I think we're going to need some inside information on this one to find out what the delay is. Otherwise we're all just guessing...

BTW, welcome to TMC...

Greetings everybody. Maybe the want to power it on together with Auburn Hills? Can’t wait to see this charger go live as I don’t have a home charger installed yet and having issues with the chargers at work. Charging at 3miles/hour isn’t really a solution at these temperatures.