Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Livonia, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be in the area tomorrow afternoon and may stop by. I have a hunch that others have been checking but not posting anything because it doesn't feel that useful to keep saying "nothing yet".

Off topic -- I decided yesterday to sell my Sig Red P85. It's beautiful and still under a full CPO warranty but I'm buying a Model 3 soon and can't justify keeping the Model S. PM me if interested! Asking $46,500 and includes summer and winter wheels/tires.

I'll be in the area tomorrow afternoon and may stop by. I have a hunch that others have been checking but not posting anything because it doesn't feel that useful to keep saying "nothing yet".

Off topic -- I decided yesterday to sell my Sig Red P85. It's beautiful and still under a full CPO warranty but I'm buying a Model 3 soon and can't justify keeping the Model S. PM me if interested! Asking $46,500 and includes summer and winter wheels/tires.

Electric Joe, I am very interested to know why you would want to sell your model S for a 3? The S has the upper hand in a few areas... what are you after with the switch? Thanks for sharing.

The S has the upper hand in a few areas... what are you after with the switch? Thanks for sharing.

I know. I can't really express how much I love this Model S, but it comes down to money and practicality. Because the federal tax credit somehow survived and it's very likely I'll qualify for it, buying a short range Model 3 is actually a bit less expensive than keeping the Model S. And the Model S is really gigantic for just my wife and me with no kids. I prefer smaller cars and feel that I've "had my fun" with the high performance P85. A short range Model 3 will suit us better. I beg you not to list the benefits of the Model S over a 3! It's already a hard enough decision. :)

I know. I can't really express how much I love this Model S, but it comes down to money and practicality. Because the federal tax credit somehow survived and it's very likely I'll qualify for it, buying a short range Model 3 is actually a bit less expensive than keeping the Model S. And the Model S is really gigantic for just my wife and me with no kids. I prefer smaller cars and feel that I've "had my fun" with the high performance P85. A short range Model 3 will suit us better. I beg you not to list the benefits of the Model S over a 3! It's already a hard enough decision. :)
Wouldn' think of it. I was just curious. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure you will love the 3! It' a great car.

I’m there now. No logo lights, no power, no change.

A700B723-1B1E-49BA-A409-8D2EBA667528.jpeg

Reactions: Jim MacInnes
I guess I'll be the one popping the balloon then. I did stop and talk to them. They don't have any firm date on when this location will be done as once their work is done they hand things over to Tesla, who, in the words of the guy I spoke with "go over everything with a fine tooth comb".

Here's a little backstory on why we are where we are right now.

They were very close to being finished right before the holidays, but they had a contract with Meijer that they could not be on the site doing anything over that time, so they had to shut things down. He claimed they likely could have been done if they would have been allowed to keep working but that wasn't possible.

A week or so ago, they were out there working and tried to power up the station (as in bring it to the level of power needed charge cars) when they did that they discovered some problems which is why they were back out today doing some maintenance.

He felt rather confident that he would be able to get his part of the project done in the very near future (he absolutely would not give me a date), but he has no knowledge whatsoever about what Tesla's schedule would be. Tesla has the last sign off and does the final commissioning of the site. So it could be a week or so or it could be "when it's 50 degrees outside again".

The guy I spoke with works for the company that is doing all 5 of the SC's that are under construction in Michigan right now (as well as the ones in Cleveland). He told me that he would expect Livonia to be the next one completed with Gaylord and Auburn Hills being done shortly after. Again though, this all depends on Tesla.

Oh...one last nugget of information. He mentioned that he had heard talk of Tesla wanting to put 30 Superchargers in Michigan. I mentioned to him that with the five being built right now that we would be up to 16 and he agreed stating that "they really are wanting to put them in all over the place."

Great info. Thanks IT Geek
I guess I'll be the one popping the balloon then. I did stop and talk to them. They don't have any firm date on when this location will be done as once their work is done they hand things over to Tesla, who, in the words of the guy I spoke with "go over everything with a fine tooth comb".

Here's a little backstory on why we are where we are right now.

They were very close to being finished right before the holidays, but they had a contract with Meijer that they could not be on the site doing anything over that time, so they had to shut things down. He claimed they likely could have been done if they would have been allowed to keep working but that wasn't possible.

A week or so ago, they were out there working and tried to power up the station (as in bring it to the level of power needed charge cars) when they did that they discovered some problems which is why they were back out today doing some maintenance.

He felt rather confident that he would be able to get his part of the project done in the very near future (he absolutely would not give me a date), but he has no knowledge whatsoever about what Tesla's schedule would be. Tesla has the last sign off and does the final commissioning of the site. So it could be a week or so or it could be "when it's 50 degrees outside again".

The guy I spoke with works for the company that is doing all 5 of the SC's that are under construction in Michigan right now (as well as the ones in Cleveland). He told me that he would expect Livonia to be the next one completed with Gaylord and Auburn Hills being done shortly after. Again though, this all depends on Tesla.

Oh...one last nugget of information. He mentioned that he had heard talk of Tesla wanting to put 30 Superchargers in Michigan. I mentioned to him that with the five being built right now that we would be up to 16 and he agreed stating that "they really are wanting to put them in all over the place."