Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Llano, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
I see "Start Date: 11/1/2021 Completion Date: 12/15/2021" listed on the TLDR page. Are these reliable dates or should I not expect the supercharger to be complete in December?

I frequently travel from Austin to San Angelo TX so this would be a critical location for me.

Well damn. I really need a supercharger between Austin and San Angelo. As of today if conditions are bad (cold weather or really windy) I don't know if I can make the 209 mile trip in a MYLR. Especially because speed limits are 75 mph so its a higher speed trip.
I wouldn't plan my trip around a permitted SC (see Sealy & Fort Worthless). Seems like there's 2 or 3 options for you:

1. Go to Junction SC and fill up there - adds 20-30? miles to the trip
2. Stop at www.plugshare.com/location/194132 in Brady and chill for about an hour? or less depending on your efficiency
3. Get a Chademo adapter and top off at www.plugshare.com/location/70717 and risk it, its about 200 to San Angelo from there

Personally I would do #2 but only because I like direct routes and because the check-ins on Plugshare seem favorable. #1 allows you to get there not-empty but adds time to the trip anyway.

Last edited:
12/15/2021 coming up. Any update?
I saw this on the meeting minutes for the City of Llano City Council Meeting held on 11/01/2021:

i. Discussion and possible action granting permission to use ten (10) feet of unimproved utility easement to Property ID 37417 along the westside of the 700 block Oatman Street.

Property ID 37417 is the parking lot next to the Possibilities LLC Store.

Haven't seen anything else pop up recently.

306B2969-C93C-460C-ACF3-5D2CDF285087.jpeg

Sent from a friend that lives nearby. Looks like it is mostly finished! Definitely needs to be updated to “construction”. @MarcoRP, @Chuq . 🙂