Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Llano, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 752372
Sent from a friend that lives nearby. Looks like it is mostly finished! Definitely needs to be updated to “construction”. @MarcoRP, @Chuq . 🙂

Went by on my way to enchanted rock. It’s online View attachment 753100

Based on the photos in this thread, the supercharger is not located in the parking lot of Llano County Library but right on Oatman St.
@Chuq @corywright @MarcoRP @tes-s Please update the location of this site to 30.750554, -98.674910.

Showing up in-car now

D98B993F-04B2-4886-ABC7-3EFCB21CE9C2.jpeg

Went to Enchanted Rock today, did some hiking. . . then continued on to lunch in Fredericksburg, then across to the brand new Supercharger at Johnson City, which I had just learned about. I was excited because Enchanted Rock and Fredericksburg were always just a bit too much of a stretch for me, but Johnson City would make it workable. . . with a bit of a detour over to US 281, but okay. I could make a loop of it.

It wasn't until I was in Fredericksburg and called up a list of nearby charging options that Llano popped up. WTF? Llano? I don't see anything on Plugshare! Upon closer inspection it has an entry on Plugshare, but even though the title says "Supercharger" it's shown with a green icon as a Level 2 destination charger with only one station and no check-ins, no photos, no info.

It wasn't until I got home that I looked closer at the map and sort of slapped my forehead as I realized that I actually drove through Llano on the way to Enchanted rock. It's directly on my route! It's actually perfectly positioned to make trips to and from Fredericksburg easy for me, no looping or detours required!

It's unbelievable that I drove past that station without knowing. However. . . Because I made the side trip to Johnson City, I stumbled onto the Fredericksburg Trade Days, which I didn't even know was happening this weekend, and I got to spend some time checking that out. Fate and chance work in strange ways, I guess.

Reactions: CarlS and byeLT4
It wasn't until I was in Fredericksburg and called up a list of nearby charging options that Llano popped up. WTF? Llano? I don't see anything on Plugshare! Upon closer inspection it has an entry on Plugshare, but even though the title says "Supercharger" it's shown with a green icon as a Level 2 destination charger with only one station and no check-ins, no photos, no info.
This post can help on how Plugshare handles Superchargers:

Unfortunately they're not that quick to update all locations; see Cedar Park (open for about a month now). Its weird because Cedar Park does appear in Tesla's find us page, but for some reason Plugshare hasn't update it. Llano still doesn't show up in Tesla find us page.

Supercharge.info is probably the best place to find up to date Superchargers.

• Helpful
Reactions: byeLT4 and CarlS
This post can help on how Plugshare handles Superchargers:

Unfortunately they're not that quick to update all locations; see Cedar Park (open for about a month now). Its weird because Cedar Park does appear in Tesla's find us page, but for some reason Plugshare hasn't update it. Llano still doesn't show up in Tesla find us page.

Supercharge.info is probably the best place to find up to date Superchargers.
Plugshare was never that fast getting superchargers properly on the map before, but now they're part of EVGo they somehow manage to be even slower :(

Reactions: CarlS
Lubbock sure would have helped me on my Colorado road trip. On the return trip, the long stretch from Amarillo to Sweetwater was pretty iffy. I made it, just barely. (Partly my fault for getting impatient and not fully charging in Amarillo, though!)
We made the Amarillo to Sweetwater trip over the holidays (driving from Albuquerque to San Antonio) and it was a pain. Amarillo had a line waiting for charging after we pulled up and felt like jerks charging to 98% taking 70mins to do so. The drive to Lubbock went fine but we stayed around 65mph with a side wind. That side wind turned into a very slight tail wind after Lubbock and was able to do 80+ until sweetwater arriving at 15% SOC.

A Lubbock charger would allow us to bypass Amarillo all together and charge at Santa Rosa, Lubbock then Sweetwater.