Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger locations in France

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just out of curiosity, does anybody know why the superchargers in France are in such odd locations? I pass a lot of nice rest stops on the highway with cafes, McDonald's etc. Perfect for a supercharger. Instead I drive off the highway and to a complete desolate location with nothing to do or eat. It's not all like that but i'd say more than half of the thirty chargers I've visited between Monaco, Lyon, Milan, and Florence are that way.

I cannot really agree with this.
Personally, I found 2 very nice places:
- Macon
- Cagne sur mer

Bordeaux is not bad at all, it is near a very nice PUB. Metz as well near Leclerc super centre with 2 or 3 restaurants

In addition to that, they have to find places near highways, it is probably not simple to always find nice places. It could be a good approach to use highway stations, sadly it is rarely the case.

In Switzerland, I found only Lully & Martini which are on highway stations. However, a very nice place close to the highway, even if we have to exit from it : Melide

In Italy, Dorno is on the highway, sadly a little bit dirty and Varazze is a very nice place.

In Belgium, Arlon is close a very nice Hotel, however somewhat far from the highway.

To summarize my opinion, I do not find always old and sad supercharger places. It is more or less the same in France as in other countries.

@moscard i agree. Which is why I said half. I'm on my way from Monaco to London and today I stopped at two nice places. But I also stopped at two that took me more than ten minutes off the highway each way, and with nothing around. Meanwhile I pass highway station after highway station that is nice (I think they were called APRR) and pass them as I look on with envy. The point of the question was just to find out if anyone knows what's up. Not rate every station.

I think it’s because they are finding it hard to get spots on public land. Seems to be lot in Novotel carparks:)
There’s a great one in Switzerland near the French border:
Tesla Supercharger Egerkingen
Höhenstrasse 12, 4622 Egerkingen, Switzerland
Google Maps