Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, the site has been confirmed, although there hasn’t been a name change for the thread despite me asking for one for quite a while.

If it helps, I also found possible evidence for an SC in Lee Vining, nothing concrete, which is why I’ve held off on publishing it for a while, but maybe a ring to the town office or county could help. DM me for details

I doubt that Lee Vining has a town office for its 200-some residents. Lee Vining is a 250-yard long swath of US395 from the north junction of SR120 (that is the Tioga Pass entrance to Yosemite, closed in winter). There are plans to build a large hotel complex near the Whoa Nellie Deli/gas station, but it is running into resistance from the locals. I would assume that this gas station/seasonal deli spot would be a sensible location; there is plenty of land available but parking is a mess during the summer.

Failing that, there is a Chevron station at the north end of town that has some room for Superchargers. There probably aren't many other locations within this short stretch of highway.

I doubt that Lee Vining has a town office for its 200-some residents. Lee Vining is a 250-yard long swath of US395 from the north junction of SR120 (that is the Tioga Pass entrance to Yosemite, closed in winter). There are plans to build a large hotel complex near the Whoa Nellie Deli/gas station, but it is running into resistance from the locals. I would assume that this gas station/seasonal deli spot would be a sensible location; there is plenty of land available but parking is a mess during the summer.

Failing that, there is a Chevron station at the north end of town that has some room for Superchargers. There probably aren't many other locations within this short stretch of highway.
There's also a Shell station in Lee Vining. I've seen superchargers go in at Shell stations in other states, but don't think I've seen any at Chevrons or Mobil (Tioga Pass Gas Mart/Whoa Nellie Deli). But I agree that the latter location near the highway intersection would be slightly preferable and it does have more space. But even the other gas stations should be able to squeeze an 8-stall supercharger in without much issue if they really want to.

There's also a Shell station in Lee Vining. I've seen superchargers go in at Shell stations in other states, but don't think I've seen any at Chevrons or Mobil (Tioga Pass Gas Mart/Whoa Nellie Deli). But I agree that the latter location near the highway intersection would be slightly preferable and it does have more space. But even the other gas stations should be able to squeeze an 8-stall supercharger in without much issue if they really want to.

The Supercharger at West Wendover, Nevada is at a Chevron station, if I recall correctly. BTW, there are two Clipper Creek L2 chargers at the community park--just off 395.

The Supercharger at West Wendover, Nevada is at a Chevron station, if I recall correctly. BTW, there are two Clipper Creek L2 chargers at the community park--just off 395.
The Wendover supercharger is adjacent to a Chevron, but based on the layout, I doubt that it's on property that the Chevron owns. Not sure who owns that parking lot. It's possible that the city owns it.

The Lovelock superchargers seem to be in a Chevron parking lot, but yes, sure the pavement could be owned/leased/operated by a different entity that owns/leases/operates the Chevron, which may not actually be a Chevron but some other entity operating under a license.

I visited Lone Pine today, for the first time since the new stations were installed.

What a shock! I arrived with 19% SOC and discovered that all of the SuperCharger pedestals had been taken out! Panic!

Then I noticed the 8 new ones that had been installed about 50 feet away from the old site. What a relief.

The new ones are not numbered. Are they no longer paired?

I navigated directly to the Lone Pine Supercharger but it was closed for "fumigation." Worker there said it should have show up as closed on navigation. Sure enough it did then show up as closed but I'm not sure if there was any warning before it closed? Luckily I had enough charge to make it to Inyokern or it would have been a very annoying couple hours at an RV park. Hopefully the planned Chademo chargers get built along the 395 soon. Would be nice to have a backup for when the Superchargers are down.
Inyokern quickly throttled to 72kW (was not paired with anyone), maybe the heat? I seem to have bad luck with superchargers.