Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3E812E7B-3055-4C64-A1B8-C2EDB276A87D.jpeg 226CCC44-1D93-415E-9B2A-CD790646BC9C.jpeg 24D48518-72E0-4607-B286-A5A6BDE36065.jpeg

PROGRESS REPORT

Doesn’t seem to be much, yet. Photos to follow.

On this random fall Sunday afternoon, all six existing stalls were occupied when we arrived. Not a good ski season omen!
I'm not sure what your definition of progress is but that looks like progress to me. Bases for the bollards on site, conduit on site, trenching started, my glass is half full on this one.

I have 8 weeks until my first trip up 395 for this season. Let's hope this is done by then. My guess is that it will be, maybe even by Thanksgiving. The location is remote by many standards, so the contractor is likely motivated to knock out as much has possible with each visit.

Reactions: Jazz3D
For those who may not be aware, Bishop City Council just approved a supercharger there. According to a conversation that I had with their Public Works Dept, the permit has now been approved.
Please stop by there too to see if any progress. I doubt it though. My guess is that the LP crew will move there after completing this one.
Turn left on Lagoon and an immediate right on Warren. Supercharger site will be on your left (west side of Warren)

For those who may not be aware, Bishop City Council just approved a supercharger there. According to a conversation that I had with their Public Works Dept, the permit has now been approved.
Please stop by there too to see if any progress. I doubt it though. My guess is that the LP crew will move there after completing this one.
Turn left on Lagoon and an immediate right on Warren. Supercharger site will be on your left (west side of Warren)
Based on the location info in this post, the Bishop SC site is 0.6 miles south of Erick Schat's Bakery. That's great news for us, as we always like to stop at Schat's on trips up/down US-395. I can jog 0.6 miles reasonably quickly to pick up or drop off the car while the family shops. The Lone Pine SC is also popular with the family because of the nearby adjacent skate park, behind McDonald's. The Mammoth Lakes SC has good shopping and dining options nearby. So, kudos to Tesla for giving us nice places to stop along 395! Even with our older Model S, we never have to worry about charging taking too long.

Reactions: 4SUPER9
Thanksgiving weekend is around the corner and a big storm on the way. Pray for snow!
I am sure a few of us will be heading up over the next week. Please keep us posted on the progress. It should be close to finished. I hope...

Not much changed from the last picture but it looks like 8 V3 stalls. Cables are noticeably thinner than usual V2 ones. Can anyone tell definitely from the technical info attached?

Attachments

• IMG_20191129_092604.jpg
    IMG_20191129_092604.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20191129_092939.jpg
    IMG_20191129_092939.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20191129_092746.jpg
    IMG_20191129_092746.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: mociaf9