Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watched one of my favorites (hadn't seen in years) "Bad Day at Black Rock" which was filmed in Lone Pine.
Is the Museum of films at the SC site still in business? A welcome diversion while charging. I believe the owner provided the SC location.
According to their website, they are closed due to the current State order mandating all museums be closed.

People still are not taking the epidemic seriously. They selfishly want to travel and recreate putting others in danger. I live in a different resort community and we are inundated with clueless tourists spreading disease.
I agree that many people are failing to take basic virus precautions, but it's ridiculous to have to close a key Supercharger link like Lone Pine! US-395 and the gas stations are still open. Hopefully, Tesla can negotiate something with the museum, because Covid is likely to be with us for a while. Opening Bishop or Kramer Junction would help some.

Reactions: emchen
Just to clarify, why would there be a link between the museum closure and the SC closure? Does not really make any sense to turn off the SC because the museum is closed, does it? And hasn’t the SC just been closed for a few days?

Right now the car’s nav says 6 of 8 stalls available with no mention of a closure...so it appears the situation of the last few days has been resolved?

Last edited:
Just to clarify, why would there be a link between the museum closure and the SC closure? Does not really make any sense to turn off the SC because the museum is closed, does it? And hasn’t the SC just been closed for a few days?

Right now the car’s nav says 6 of 8 stalls available with no mention of a closure...so it appears the situation of the last few days has been resolved?
Correct. There is no link between the recent closure of the museum and the supercharger. Someone quoted me above when the supercharger went down for some unknown reason. That quote was from quite some time ago and was only related to the closure of the museum due to COVID-19

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: emchen and bmah
I hope this location will be open when we head thru there in a couple of months. We usually plug in, walk over to McDonald's for fast food and restroom break, and by then the charge is enough to continue. If the food has to be consumed in the car, we could hit the drive-thru and eat while charging but the charge is a must at this location.

Reactions: emchen
I hope this location will be open when we head thru there in a couple of months. We usually plug in, walk over to McDonald's for fast food and restroom break, and by then the charge is enough to continue. If the food has to be consumed in the car, we could hit the drive-thru and eat while charging but the charge is a must at this location.

This morning both Inkyokern and Lone Pine were down. Same message- "Temporary closure". I'm glad I'm not going that way any time soon!

There must be a lot of Teslas in the right lane on US395 between Mojave and Mammoth Lakes right now.
I was one of those a couple of a years back. Going 45 MPH with my hazards on was pretty scary. I rolled into Mojave at exactly 0.
All jokes aside, this could have been ugly. There are plenty of lower range cars (myself included) that could have been seriously stuck. Would Tesla arrange for a tow? Getting Bishop online, will help a lot (along with upgrading my S)

If any readers of this thread are planning a trip up 395 soon, it would be great if you could stop by the construction site of the new Superchargers for Bishop, CA To take a few pictures of the progress. Please post the pictures to the thread
Supercharger - Bishop, CA
The address is 151 S. Warren St., Bishop.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Correct. There is no link between the recent closure of the museum and the supercharger. Someone quoted me above when the supercharger went down for some unknown reason. That quote was from quite some time ago and was only related to the closure of the museum due to COVID-19
This is correct.

On my last two trips from LA to Bishop, the Lone Pine museum was closed but the Supercharger remained open (until my reported outage on August 21).

No activities if I'd recalled at the Bishop SC site.

Is anyone able to verify that Lone Pine SC is now operational?

We’re just north of Mojave and soon to pass Inyokern ...
I drove through late last night in the ICE (hauling bikes to keep to outdoor activities) and all the lights were lit up on the supercharger but that is all I can confirm. I did stop by the Bishop supercharger to take a late night picture of the progress, will post in the Bishop supercharger thread.