Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work a mile from Lone Tree so will check in person tomorrow. Today I was about equidistant from both without enough charge to make a mistake. Dumb of me to not have added enough extra margin for the cold.
Still shows as out of service on the map, but I’m there right now and charging. It’s as empty as I’ve ever seen it, though. Just me and an X. Don’t know how much of that is the weather and how much is the bad map info ‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: Solarman004
I live down in the Springs, but have gotten caught a few times having to charge at this location. Seems like there is always a line and the charging speed is just awful. Is this just a really terrible supercharger or do I just get really unlucky? Last two times I've been it was full and my charging was between 80-95mph.

Yeah this location needs an upgrade. An upgrade to the speed and the number of stalls. Honestly, I think this location could use 20 stalls. It is crazy busy during lunch and evening hours. Also needs V3 upgrade desperately. Hopefully with the other supercharger locations opening soon, it will ease the load on this location.

I think a setup like that would be great if it was in Castle Rock and it could coincide with the opening of a Pueblo charger. Then travelers could skip stopping in Denver and Colorado Springs.
I was thinking the same thing. Need to start scoping out potential locations in Castle Rock! Also, once they add a DTC location, it could really help reduce traffic at this location as well.

Hmm yes Castle Rock would be helpful but Pueblo would have allowed me to skip CoSpgs altogether. Talk about a mess of a location and unhealthy charger. CHAdeMO would have been faster.

I really hope they crack the Clayton, NM SC first though once and for all after seeing how much of a nail biter that segment is.

On I-70 though Flagler is also a good location and would compete with the local EA install.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Hmm yes Castle Rock would be helpful but Pueblo would have allowed me to skip CoSpgs altogether. Talk about a mess of a location and unhealthy charger. CHAdeMO would have been faster.

I really hope they crack the Clayton, NM SC first though once and for all after seeing how much of a nail biter that segment is.

On I-70 though Flagler is also a good location and would compete with the local EA install.

Clayton would be great but if they are having trouble with finding a location, then I think Dalhart would be a good alternative location. It would really help them if they ever plan on having a charger in Lamar and they would open up the 287/385 route between Denver and Amarillo.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Clayton would be great but if they are having trouble with finding a location, then I think Dalhart would be a good alternative location. It would really help them if they ever plan on having a charger in Lamar and they would open up the 287/385 route between Denver and Amarillo.
Or both. I’d take both.

Perhaps one day we will see some form of DC fast charging or at least L2 at every large travel plaza.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
I talked to the people at the Tesla store yesterday, and they reported that they are plans on moving this Supercharger station across the street (didn't know where), and it will be a V3. They don't know when that work will be starting though.
Hmm maybe into that little parking lot?
upload_2020-2-18_15-40-12.png

Think that would be pretty good as it moves the cars / waiting cars out of the way, plus no reason for ice cars to go in there.