Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another set of "mobile" superchargers are going in at the Park Meadows Mall in Lonetree, CO. This thread is dedicated to the construction and progress of the Lonetree, CO location. The address to this location is 8401 Park Meadows Center Dr Lonetree, CO 80124. There is already a store at this location which is similar to what we saw at the Bethesda, MD location.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/pR6a7B
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)
Store -
http://www.teslamotors.com/parkmeadows

Location has been confirmed by this thread on TeslaMotors.com -
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/4-superchargers-being-installed-park-meadows-mall-south-metro-denver-co

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the progress from Zaxxon this morning

uploadfromtaptalk1391880411150.jpg

Holy cow, this is too sweet! This is my 'local' Tesla location (from Colorado Springs).

Do you all think this is the 'south of Denver' location that has always been on the map, or is this a new addition? It always seemed like that location was far enough south to be Castle Rock or even Monument. I know that it's going to have to get you to Trinidad, so I don't think this one would cover that distance.

Hopefully we also get one closer to the Springs.

Amazing how long they wait to send out e-mail. Below is a snippet from this morning's e-mail. I guess the picture from inside a garage is too ugly, but might have helped others find it...

This one was pretty quick. I feel like some locations have had even longer delays. I also noticed the same with the invite I got for Savannah's location since it was not in a garage either.

I had heard that this supercharger was closed. Any information appreciated. Also anyone know of a hotel close to this charger?

Thanks

Call the sales office in the mall, they should know -- (303) 792-3450. There's been a plan to relocate it into the back parking lot; right now it's in a parking structure and a little awkward to get to.

The Hyatt is on the grounds of the Park Meadows mall. There's a Homewood Suites, Residence Inn and a Courtyard just on the other side of the Interstate.

There is already a thread dedicated to this SC, Supercharger - Lonetree, CO

I used this SC multiple times during my visit to Denver earlier this month, Driving from SoCal to Denver

i did talk with the people in the Tesla store in the mall and was told that the 4 SC are temporary until Tesla can work out with the mall a permanent location.

As far as hotels, there are several hotels in the Tech Center east of the 87. I would not recommend staying at the Extended Stay America in Tech Center west of the 87. The rates were cheap, but we felt so uncomfortable there we didn't stay the second night. Tech Center is about 11 miles from the mall. There are a few hotels close but rates are much higher.

Last edited:
As far as hotels, there are several hotels in the Tech Center east of the 87. I would not recommend staying at the Extended Stay America in Tech Center west of the 87. The rates were cheap, but we felt so uncomfortable there we didn't stay the second night. Tech Center is about 11 miles from the mall. There are a few hotels close but rates are much higher.

I've lived in Colorado 20 years and had no idea what road you were referring to by "the 87". Locals and really EVERYONE else would refer to it as I-25. Nobody around here would ever use the number 87 to describe that highway...and the use of "the" instead of "highway" is a sure sign you aren't from around here (and are most likely from California). Just a little information in case you need directions next time you are in Colorado. :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tvuolo
'The 87' aka US87 goes from Havre MT, very close to the CA/US border, to Port Lavaca TX on the Gulf, some 1873+ miles. In Colorado and Wyoming it is identical to I-25, but the implication is that US87 was there first, way before the Eisenhower Highway System was contemplated.
--

'The 87' aka US87 goes from Havre MT, very close to the CA/US border, to Port Lavaca TX on the Gulf, some 1873+ miles. In Colorado and Wyoming it is identical to I-25, but the implication is that US87 was there first, way before the Eisenhower Highway System was contemplated.
--

Yeah, looking at the map, I can see how I-25 is concurrent with highway 87 for the entire length of the state but I've never heard anyone refer to it by that number (87). Sure, highway 87 predated I-25 but I think the vast majority of people use the more popular "I-25" (pronouncing I and the number twenty-five) or "Interstate 25" when discussing it, at least for the past 50 years or so. It looks like Google Maps prefers highway 87 to I-25 when displaying Denver for some reason. Other mapping software (Here, Garmin, Bing, etc.) prefer I-25. Looks like a few others show both 25 and 87 by default.

Other roads around town are highways as well but nobody is going to refer to Wadsworth Blvd as Highway 121 when driving through town. There are a few that are known by more than one name, such as 285/Hampden. I have heard I-25 referred to as the "Valley Highway" but that dates way back to the 50s.

This morning, I asked my best friend, a 35 year old Colorado native and 15 year FedEx employee who actually lived in Lone Tree, just west of I-25, if he knew what "the 87" was. He immediately asked "What do you mean? Highway 87?" He said he had no idea where it was. He then asked if someone from California had used that term. lol.

Last edited: