Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US87 in WY/CO is certainly moot being a subset of I-25 but in Texas it is critical for the newbie to follow those signs. My 'rural only' route to south Texas begins with 87, then US385 to avoid cities, then TX137, then back to 87, then US83, then I-10, and then TX173 to avoid San Antonio. You are now free to move about the Southland!

NOT specifically a Tesla route as I have not looked up chargers yet.
--

Pulled in to Lonetree traveling thru around noon yesterday and it was full - 4 Model Ss all with Colorado plates. At this point I made the assumption that it was likely people on their lunch break at the mall.

Wrong! Turns out after waiting for about 40 mins. (now there is someone else waiting as well) a Tesla employee shows up and low and behold two of the vehicles were Tesla's own they use for either test drives or are CPO, I don't know. But I have to say this is not a good look for Tesla to use the superchargers like that and then leave the vehicles blocking the superchargers.

Had I known Lonetree was busy I could've gotten enough charge at Colorado Springs to skip it and go all the way to Silverthorne.

Realtime info on supercharger status would be fantastic. And Tesla not blocking superchargers with their own cars would be awesome too!

• Disagree
Reactions: Pecos Bill
I dislike getting in and out of that mall anyhow. I've never charged there and hope I don't ever need to. I thought they had some HPWCs for the test drive cars. Are they gone?
They still have HPWCs there. When I did a test drive there last Saturday, I saw at least two of them and the car I drove was charging at a HPWC when I picked it up. I plugged it into the same charger when returning it.

I was at Park Meadows today for the owners' get-together. They talked about trip planning and mentioned that Park Meadows is/will be building new parking garage by Nordstroms and the Superchargers will be moved there, as a permanent location. They are hoping for more, possibly as many as 10 SCs.

Really? I thought the opinion was that the SCs would be removed from the mall altogether...

I was at Park Meadows today for the owners' get-together. They talked about trip planning and mentioned that Park Meadows is/will be building new parking garage by Nordstroms and the Superchargers will be moved there, as a permanent location. They are hoping for more, possibly as many as 10 SCs.

What is the status of the Lone Tree SC situation. Are there still 4 SCs located in the original parking garage? Are there still just 4 SCs that are very busy? Is the Tesla Sales Office still in Park Meadows? Plan to be near that location in early August. Want to know if it worth planning a stop there to recharge.

What is the status of the Lone Tree SC situation. Are there still 4 SCs located in the original parking garage? Are there still just 4 SCs that are very busy? Is the Tesla Sales Office still in Park Meadows? Plan to be near that location in early August. Want to know if it worth planning a stop there to recharge.

yes to all still, just now they have a larger store space in the mall that is diagonally across from where the old one was.

We went to the grand opening of the new store at Park Meadows last week. It's a lot bigger than the old store. I also heard a new permanent Supercharger location will be replacing the temporary Superchargers later this year. Depending on where you are coming from and when the new Supercharger goes online, it might be easier to charge elsewhere.

I travel to Denver a lot and would never count on using this charger unless it was during off peak times, like early in the morning. Last week my wife used it and only got 20kW and charging was ridiculously slow. It's always packed and employees use the chargers for test drive vehicles. If Tesla does add permanent superchargers to the new parking garage, I hope they add way more than 10 or there will still be issues.

I travel to Denver a lot and would never count on using this charger unless it was during off peak times, like early in the morning. Last week my wife used it and only got 20kW and charging was ridiculously slow. It's always packed and employees use the chargers for test drive vehicles. If Tesla does add permanent superchargers to the new parking garage, I hope they add way more than 10 or there will still be issues.

The plan is to build a permanent SC a short distance from the location of the current "temporary" charger. Nobody I've talked to is willing to speculate on whether the temporary SC will then be removed. I'm sure the showroom in the mall would like it to stick around so they can charge their fleet.

I was in the Tesla store in Park Meadows today and an employee told me they had already broken ground on a 10 spot supercharger right at the mall. He said it was by the Gazebo. I did not go look for it, but maybe someone can check it out to confirm.

The project must have started in the last few days.

I was in the Tesla store in Park Meadows today and an employee told me they had already broken ground on a 10 spot supercharger right at the mall. He said it was by the Gazebo. I did not go look for it, but maybe someone can check it out to confirm.

The project must have started in the last few days.
We'll be stopping by tomorrow to take some pictures.