Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have visited 104 Superchargers across 24 states and and the normal flow is once the transformer is installed, then the Meter has to be installed and powered up by the utility, then a Tesla tech must test all the chargers and label them all e.g. 1A 1B etc and only THEN will it be powered up. I would guess about a week, though in Austin, it has been a month at the final stage. Colorado is much more pro Tesla than Texas, so it should be soon. My guess one week.

• Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
Xcel is installing the transformer NOW! The manager of the Park Meadows Store said the "temporary" Superchargers in the garage will be removed and the store is NOT allowed to use the Superchargers, but will charge demo cars at the HPWCs.

The transformer is sitting there, a couple of guys were working on it Saturday morning, but there is clearly more to do.
P1000557a.jpg

If there were a meter, this is where it would be.
P1000558a.jpg

Status update- 11/14 at 9:30AM
  • Transformer is hot (I can hear it hum) so it’s attached to primary and they would have almost had to have pulled and attached secondary
  • Stripping almost complete
  • Still no meter
But they installed the transformer much faster than I expected so the site could be active any day.

Attachments

• 49B9B666-74D5-453F-81A3-40A7E0E6F7C1.jpeg
    49B9B666-74D5-453F-81A3-40A7E0E6F7C1.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 6000919D-23F3-4D6F-A397-0BEDAD8DD860.jpeg
    6000919D-23F3-4D6F-A397-0BEDAD8DD860.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 102
  • 66970633-F2C3-4B6D-864E-D27032D80813.jpeg
    66970633-F2C3-4B6D-864E-D27032D80813.jpeg
    620 KB · Views: 103
Status update- 11/14 at 9:30AM
  • Transformer is hot (I can hear it hum) so it’s attached to primary and they would have almost had to have pulled and attached secondary
  • Stripping almost complete
  • Still no meter
But they installed the transformer much faster than I expected so the site could be active any day.
Thanks for the good news! Here’s to hoping it opens this week! There’s been some queues on the working superchargers lately.

This is great. I had to wait 20 minutes Saturday night for a SC to open up at Lonetree, to be able to make it home. Two of the four stalls were occupied by the store's demo cars, one of which was unplugged. Remaining stalls were only putting out 26 kW and took multiple connection tries because of "charging errors".
Having a large, dedicated SC will make charging at Lonetree painless again!

Thanks for the heads up @GooseVR1 . The new SCs are still not showing up on the on-board map so it's good to know they are operational. I'm going to be there in 2 days.
By the way, I think the "First Supercharging at a New Site" award is now a new 2nd generation Roadster. Congrats! :)

Charged here today. Popular place: 3 MSs and my MX.
You need to be careful with backing in because the regular mall traffic doesn't slow down on the access road as you are trying to stop and maneuver.
The new chargers still aren't on the on-board map, but it's easy to find using the Google Maps screenshot posted earlier.
This is fantastic compared to the old 4-stall location! Well done, Supercharger team!
Once I start cruising Colorado in a Pearl White Tesla Semi with 500 miles range, I'll be able to skip this charging stop...

Charged here today. Popular place: 3 MSs and my MX.
The new chargers still aren't on the on-board map, but it's easy to find using the Google Maps screenshot posted earlier.
I've called in a bug report requesting that they update the on-board map to reflect the new location. I imagine it would be an easy thing for the SC team to overlook; I don't remember another instance of a SC changing location without also changing name. I only know of one instance of an SC being formally decommissioned (Bethesda MD). I interpret the Gaithersburg site currently under construction to be its replacement.

The old site has always been considered "temporary", ever since I bought my Model S there three years ago.

• Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker