Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Tree, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged today at the new bank of 10 superchargers at Park Meadows Mall in Lone Tree. Max'd at 87kW. Walked over to old set of 4 superchargers and 1 Tesla was charging on one of the old ones (inverter fan blowing hot air). Talked to someone else who had charged at the old "temporary" ones yesterday evening. Picture of old "temporary" one being used follows. New bank of 10 can be found on the mall parking lot perimeter past the red car in the picture.
Lone Tree-Old.jpg

I find it odd that the four original temporary superchargers still show up in the navigation, I figured when they updated to add the new ones they would remove these. Don't really need them anymore, but I know the store always used them for test drives so maybe they will stay a little longer. Either way, it good to have the additional chargers.

I find it odd that the four original temporary superchargers still show up in the navigation, I figured when they updated to add the new ones they would remove these. Don't really need them anymore, but I know the store always used them for test drives so maybe they will stay a little longer. Either way, it good to have the additional chargers.
There was a temporary problem with the 10 new superchargers until they installed some new transformers over the weekend. Now that the new chargers are working, I would expect them to update the listings and remove the old location.

There was a temporary problem with the 10 new superchargers until they installed some new transformers over the weekend. Now that the new chargers are working, I would expect them to update the listings and remove the old location.

Charged here yesterday, the guy who was in charge of building the site asked me if I was charging ok (I was) and let me know the problem they had initally was an overvoltage issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Solarman004

I was there Friday morning and the installers said they were 480V Auto-transformers. He also mentioned the distribution service voltage was high.

I saw the same devices installed at other Supercharger locations.

I thought I read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that the old supercharger location would be used by the service center.
The service center is ~10 miles from Lone Tree. There's a Tesla store in the mall that uses those chargers for their test drive cars.

I was at Park Meadows last week. Didn't see or use the superchargers, but both of them showed up on the big screen map.

Anyone notice that charging at night time is generally quite a bit faster than daytime? I've gone during the daytime with no other cars charging and have peaked at ~180 mi/hr and have gone during the evening with a couple other cars charging and hit 300+ mi/hr. Points of comparison include having similar mileage left upon starting to charge.