Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Long Beach, CA (LIVE 16 May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chargers going in! Great progress since last weekend!
5F437616-A3C8-4747-AA3C-E2E8B9A4ED61.jpeg

Question is will Signal Hill (Long Beach) location off Cherry and Spring still be going in or is has it moved to this location?

Cherry location would be better for freeway folks and it’s 5 min from me. This PCH IS 15 min away; about same as Cerritos for me.

Though I’m often at AMC which is kitty corner so that works out.

Reactions: EC92 and *****
I dropped by yesterday but didn’t post any pictures as it looked the same as the units photos. But I did see two electrical company vans. But the only thing going on was they were pressure washing the parking spaces in front of the chargers. I assume to lay fresh paint and perhaps fresh asphalt.

The location is not the best. It’s most of the more crowded locations at the mall. Which I guess could be intentional. But that area previously would fill up with regular cars at times. Cerritos on the other hand is in a car corner where you don’t have to worry about mall patrons taking a Tesla sport with their ICE cars.

Moving it one parking section to the south wouldn’t have been that much more distance but no one else ever parks there’s.

The Marketplace mall itself is kind of a dead mall. Popularly comes and comes but it’s never been a super busy place. Likewise the Mariana mall kitty corner hasn’t been much better over the decades either. But I see they’re putting in a big gym which might bring more traffic to them as well.

I would have preferred if the chargers were at AMC Marina but during peak holidays the lot can get full so makes since it’s at Marketplace. Of course Marina has an underground parking lot we’re they could have put the chargers. Most people don’t even notice it has one.

Question is will Signal Hill (Long Beach) location off Cherry and Spring still be going in or is has it moved to this location?

Cherry location would be better for freeway folks and it’s 5 min from me. This PCH IS 15 min away; about same as Cerritos for me.

Though I’m often at AMC which is kitty corner so that works out.
Targets are usually used by freeways, Bellflower BLVD Target would be my choice

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
Not sure what you’re mentioning. There’s supposed to be another one in Long Beach (Signal Hill) a block East of Cherry & Spring.

To my knowledge there is none being installed in a Target parking lot in Long Beach.

I was planning to go by tomorrow. Why can't the Long Beach (Signal Hill) location go as fast as the Long Beach (Marketplace) one?

But yeah prob not before next week.

Thanks for the regular updates.

I can't see far enough to the left in that photo to see a sign; but seems they added one Handicap Van spot ?