Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Loomis, CA (LIVE 2 Apr 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone local see any action here this week?
Yes-the transformer is installed, but things are not powered up yet. This looks like a pretty serious piece of equipment. Photos 3/25/21 6:00PM
IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG

Yep, they must need a junction point to tie in the transformer to the high voltage lines so they will add that to the pole and the spooled cable goes down the pole and underground to the transformer. If they said no parking through tomorrow my guess is they plan to do the work tomorrow and then they can turn everything on.

It is interesting they have the transformer installed but no power to it. Usually the power is to the spot where the transformer will be and the wait is for the actual transformer.

Yep, they must need a junction point to tie in the transformer to the high voltage lines so they will add that to the pole and the spooled cable goes down the pole and underground to the transformer. If they said no parking through tomorrow my guess is they plan to do the work tomorrow and then they can turn everything on.

It is interesting they have the transformer installed but no power to it. Usually the power is to the spot where the transformer will be and the wait is for the actual transformer.
This was taken Friday afternoon. The other part was still in crate.
7EE45044-5D45-4D6D-ACA8-132470F93D3E.jpeg

Looks like they just need to finish the transfer of wiring to the new piece then the jumpers to take that power to the cable connection. Definitely seems doable Monday. Whether they turn the power on at that time is a different question. But with Q1 2021 on the map, I am sure Tesla will be pushing to get it turned on by Wednesday.

That is surprising that Roseville is cheaper, I notice that Marin City, Cupertino, and Menlo Park are all 20¢/kWh. Not sure but perhaps they are just a glitch in that new major Metro area pricing that just came out this week (20¢ or 40¢ from 10am-7pm), but 22¢ is just weird. I'll have to check that the next time I am headed out of the state that direction, see if it's still a cheap one-off.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Roseville Electric is MUCH cheaper than PG&E. It is owned by the City, and is close to SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District) rates.
I don’t think they base supercharger rates on localized power prices within a state. After this week’s price adjustment most of California stations were adjusted to 20 or 40 cents per kWh for TOU or a flat 20 cents or 35 cents per kWh for stations without TOU (with the lower flat rate seeming to be prevalent at stations with paid parking). That said there are still some outliers to this pricing scheme including Roseville-Galleria Blvd, Rocklin, and Tejon Pass. I can’t figure out the specific reason why those weren’t changed.

I imagine Roseville may remain a preferred stop for many people considering the price differences. If I remember correctly, Loomis is $0.35/kwh compared to only $0.22/kwh in Roseville.
I like Loomis over Roseville even tho it means about $5 more to get over the Sierras from south Bay Area. It is much closer freeway access. On the way today, nav estimated Loomis was quicker to reach than Rocklin and only 2 minutes more than Roseville. And of course getting out of Roseville or Rocklin back on I80 east will eat up a couple more minutes. What I really like about Loomis tho is that I've used the EVGO there many times with an i3 and Chevy Bolt. Many nearby fast foods/coffee as well as a Raley's. The very nearby Taco Bell is now open indoors and has clean restrooms as well. Maybe a busy spot during ski season. Showed 6-7 spots being used as I approached. When I got there tho there were only 3 cars there (with skies).

• Informative