Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - Promenade at Howard Hughes Center (permit found 20 Nov 2020)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Another Supercharger is coming soon to LA at the Promenade at Howard Hughes Center at 6081 W Center Dr. Based on the permit description, there should be 16 V3 stalls at this location. Permit submitted January 28th 2020. Will add on Supercharge Info.

202E4700-115B-4D58-9BD6-AA1B168317BB.jpeg

What makes you think these are Tesla, just math based on the amps + transformers? Seems like a better location for 72kw, similar to playa vista, rather than v3's.

I sent them an email asking for any info.
I've asked around. Someone said it's extremely unlikely Tesla would install 8 Superchargers in LA, and while checking out some photos on the Granada Hills thread, I saw there was a 700A disconnect between the cabinets, so 800A can't be that far off.

I've also sent them an email. Still haven't gotten a reply

Well, Del Rey has been in permitting for 2 years, so there's a ways to go.
It wasn't the length of time in permitting that surprised me, it was the length of time in permitting in California and no one caught it that did.

Although occasionally Tesla sneaks a Supercharger out with no one noticing, but it's pretty rare. (Firebaugh was almost complete before anyone found that)

Excellent find @MarcoRP. You definitely deserve the award for most finds!

I actually really hope this is V3, as the distance from the 405 is measured in feet, rather than blocks. Given how horrible Redondo and Culver have become, this would be an ideal site for those who are traveling. Too bad it is stuck in permitting, as the pandemic makes for ideal conditions for mall construction.