Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - Venice Crossroads (LIVE 9 Mar 2023, 44 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is planned for 8985 Venice Blvd at the Venice Crossroads center. The ePlan is for building a total of 44 V3 Supercharging stations in the parking lot (likely on the roof of the Sprouts). Due to open in Q3, this site is the 3rd largest publicly known Supercharger in the world (would be 4th if SM hadn't been a flop). Enjoy!!

Permit listing (LADBS): Permit and Inspection Report Detail

Venice Crossroads.jpg

I have shopped there. And that rooftop lot gets very little use. This seems like a great location, right off the Robertson offramp from I-10. In addition to Sprouts, there is starbucks, mod pizza, and a couple of other places to eat on the same property.

Only downside is the the Public Storage next door does attract some sketchy folks. But the rooftop parking is clean and well-lit.

I have shopped there. And that rooftop lot gets very little use. This seems like a great location, right off the Robertson offramp from I-10. In addition to Sprouts, there is starbucks, mod pizza, and a couple of other places to eat on the same property.

Only downside is the the Public Storage next door does attract some sketchy folks. But the rooftop parking is clean and well-lit.
I never even knew there was a rooftop lot here (though I’ve mostly driven by here). I guess that makes up for the street level lot being so small. At first I was very concerned, thinking it was going to be street level. This is a very good location. Would have been nice if they included some urban chargers as well for eg spending more down in nearby downtown Culver City.

Or maybe they should do that at the nearby Culver City parking lot by the Trader Joe’s, hmmm...

Reactions: Misterbee
What happened to the Santa Monica mega Supercharger?
The City Council nixed it because they want to explore options of low income housing. This is in the middle of a business district and no one in their right mind would ever consider such an investment. Oh wait... yes they will if the City gives them $1,000,000 per person to build it. That is very likely, knowing them.

Anyway, back to "venice crossroads", which is really 1 block east of Culver City. Great location being right of the 10. Lot of urban development going on here, with the Platform nearby and the new massive project across the street from that. I live only 2 miles from this, so I will likely never use it, except for maybe a few seconds so as to check another one off my list.;)

The City Council nixed it because they want to explore options of low income housing. This is in the middle of a business district and no one in their right mind would ever consider such an investment. Oh wait... yes they will if the City gives them $1,000,000 per person to build it. That is very likely, knowing them.
The irony is that in CA we are the capital of NIMBYism: no homeowner in Santa Monica would ever allow “low income” housing to be built anywhere near them. They would fight tooth and nail against any “low income” housing by throwing up lawsuits, ordinances, CEQA, ..you name it.

The end result: no superchargers and no “low income” housing.

I never even knew there was a rooftop lot here (though I’ve mostly driven by here). I guess that makes up for the street level lot being so small. At first I was very concerned, thinking it was going to be street level. This is a very good location. Would have been nice if they included some urban chargers as well for eg spending more down in nearby downtown Culver City.

Or maybe they should do that at the nearby Culver City parking lot by the Trader Joe’s, hmmm...
There are EVGo chargers in the TJ parking structure, and they are in high demand. The upper floors I believe have been designated for Expo Line parking, but otherwise I expect Tesla chargers could be up there.

Another factor may be that the TJ parking structure is owned by Culver City, whereas Sprouts is on private property in the City of L.A. The path of least resistance may be in Los Angeles, as illustrated by the recent Santa Monica debacle.

Reactions: jlarios23