Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Gatos (expanded Jun 2021, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• LG Supercharger.png
    LG Supercharger.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Sweet! I welcome any progress reports/photos.
I'll be traveling there (my hometown) in June, hopefully it will be up and running by then.
I rented an S on TURO for a week.
Going to bring my CHAdeMO adapter and use the free EVGO fast charger up on Summit too.

They seem to have scrubbed most of the plans in the online stuff, but they wrote a summary of it in "Project Description" that tells us it will have 12 Tesla SuperCharger and 4 Clipper Creek Level 2 charging spots (plugs, and supposedly, parking spots).

The current status is listed as Permit Issued, just a week ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 10.34.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 10.34.52 AM.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: SMAlset
Did anyone bother to proofread that permit app?

Yes most of us here on the thread I think since the thread started. And your point or question is? Not sure from what you wrote. When the city was making changes to the original proposal and it was going back and forth during revisions at one time the count in some places didn't match in all places even within the proposal--we knew it was a typo or misunderstanding. Think we pointed that out in this thread too. But what Ulmo said and posted from the website just above in #50 is what is being installed (and what Tesla requested).

Thanks guys for the photo!

Yes most of us here on the thread I think since the thread started. And your point or question is? Not sure from what you wrote. When the city was making changes to the original proposal and it was going back and forth during revisions at one time the count in some places didn't match in all places even within the proposal--we knew it was a typo or misunderstanding. Think we pointed that out in this thread too. But what Ulmo said and posted from the website just above in #50 is what is being installed (and what Tesla requested).

Thanks guys for the photo!
I was just trying to bu funny about the typos in the permit app. Wasn't actually trying to make a point

I visited. For the equipment and plumbing, it’s a tight squeeze. Los Gatos has a very open looking motif, but that’s an illusion. Everything is tight. For this installation, they separated the equipment into no less than four pads, and I think more. The runs from the final three clusters of cabinets (the AC-DC converters) go direct in three trenches to the clusters of pedestals; that’s actually what I recommended above or almost wrote, to minimize tree root disturbance and tree trunk disturbance. The workmanship of what has been done looks very good. (I hope the JHA agrees, at least insofarasmuch as the work already completed). They even routed the trenches around the bulk of tree root areas.

I’m not certain if they sacrificed trees. I was going to take an “after” pic to match other pics I made to see, but since there was a full team of construction workers today, I decided only to compliment the workmanship and remark how tight the design was and make my peace.

My compliments to Los Gatos, the architects, engineers, and the construction crew, so far.

I did snap this picture of a Russian singing and talking in Russian in the alley by Starbucks, videocalling or posting a vid:
A6076949-0921-48D9-BE61-E52B4856B631.jpeg
Talk about enemy at the gates! I hope he’s one of the enlightened people escaping the Dark Oil Lord of North Asia.

Historical note: That alley used to be the path of the South Pacific Coast railroad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pacific_Coast_Railroad) that led over the mountains to Santa Cruz. The tracks through Los Gatos and over the hill are long gone. In fact a portion of the route is now underwater at Lexington Reservoir. In a sense it is too bad, because it would be fairly scenic. And the alternative of driving Highway 17 is usually jam packed with traffic during commute hours and on weekends. But at least tourists can still ride along a bit of the western end of it via the Roaring Camp and Big Trees historic railroad.

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Historical note: That alley used to be the path of the South Pacific Coast railroad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pacific_Coast_Railroad) that led over the mountains to Santa Cruz. The tracks through Los Gatos and over the hill are long gone. In fact a portion of the route is now underwater at Lexington Reservoir. In a sense it is too bad, because it would be fairly scenic. And the alternative of driving Highway 17 is usually jam packed with traffic during commute hours and on weekends. But at least tourists can still ride along a bit of the western end of it via the Roaring Camp and Big Trees historic railroad.
Also of note: The tunnels for the railroad through the Santa Cruz Mountains were dynamited during WWII out of fear that invading Japanese could use them for hideouts.

Quite a bit of trenching work already. So appears they taking power from the building side of the lot and will be running it eventually under the parking lot to the other side. If they didn't need access to the back of the buildings it would have been more cost effective to use that side of the parking lot for charging purposes. Given how long Sunnyvale took to go active, I guess nothing is a given timewise but this looks like a good start.