Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY (9500 Preston Hwy)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they removed the Elizabethtown KY supercharger from the coming soon map completely.

That's rough. Etown really needs a Supercharger. I have to stop at Bowling Green to charge up and that's really out of my way.

I did find some free 14-50 plugs in Etown though, maybe 20, right next to the one and only ChargePoint station in town. It's slow (8kW), but free, and got me to Bowling Green without having to go to Louisville first while we ate at some pizza place around the corner

Reactions: scottf200
That's rough. Etown really needs a Supercharger. I have to stop at Bowling Green to charge up and that's really out of my way.

I did find some free 14-50 plugs in Etown though, maybe 20, right next to the one and only ChargePoint station in town. It's slow (8kW), but free, and got me to Bowling Green without having to go to Louisville first while we ate at some pizza place around the corner
Other specific Elizabethtown KY thread: Elizabethtown, KY Supercharger

We can suggest it on Tesla’s website. I did.
Charging Partners | Tesla

Location? SpringHill Suites Elizabethtown

Open Charge Map - Browse Charging Locations

v1pNBKp.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to download the photos in HQ from my new laptop. I was able to load the file on my computer but not on my iPad for some reason. I hope this works better than the scans from my computer on my iPad lol

Also, here's the Accela link if you want to give it a crack (look in "attachments"): Accela Citizen Access

View attachment 598644 View attachment 598645View attachment 598646

Wow, the "Construction Plans" document is quite detailed. Now I know the red LED assembly the illuminates the Tesla logo uses 130mA.

Happy to see this one going in for North/South travel. The Sullivan University SC (2120 Gardiner Ln) gets busy, and last time I went through I had a lot of trouble with each stall I tried (3 of them). Repeatedly we saw CP_a057 “Charging equipment reports error”. Contacted Tesla, and the response was to try another stall. I didn't see others having a problem, but the 3 other locations we used on the rest of the trip worked fine. On the way home, almost diverted to Towne Center Drive SC, but wanted to test if it was some transient issue. Had the same problem. Definitely casts a shadow over future road trips, but not much I can do about it.

Thanks for sharing the link to those docs!

Reactions: RNHurt
Wow, the "Construction Plans" document is quite detailed. Now I know the red LED assembly the illuminates the Tesla logo uses 130mA.

Happy to see this one going in for North/South travel. The Sullivan University SC (2120 Gardiner Ln) gets busy, and last time I went through I had a lot of trouble with each stall I tried (3 of them). Repeatedly we saw CP_a057 “Charging equipment reports error”. Contacted Tesla, and the response was to try another stall. I didn't see others having a problem, but the 3 other locations we used on the rest of the trip worked fine. On the way home, almost diverted to Towne Center Drive SC, but wanted to test if it was some transient issue. Had the same problem. Definitely casts a shadow over future road trips, but not much I can do about it.

Thanks for sharing the link to those docs!

The Supercharger at Sullivan University has been jacked up for a long time. Multiple people have reported it. Apparently Telsa doesnt give a crap, been at least a year.

The Supercharger at Sullivan University has been jacked up for a long time. Multiple people have reported it. Apparently Telsa doesnt give a crap, been at least a year.
When we drive between Atlanta and Chicago we avoid the I-65 Louisville/Indianapolis route because of this Supercharger. Take the I-57/I-24 Mt Vernon/Kuttawa route instead.

When this new Supercharger is open, we may go back to this route.

Did you intend to say I-65? For those traveling across I-64, this is the MOST out of the way SuperCharger of the three in Louisville. This will be a nice addition for those traveling up and down I-65, but there is still a need for one in Elizabethtown.
I'll agree that Elizabethtown needs one that could handle I-65 traffic but also very much needed as Bluegrass Parkway and Western Kentucky Parkway terminus where they meet I-65.

Stopped by the site today. Spoke with one of the contractors & he said another 2-3 weeks to finish electrical hookups.
He stated that once they were finished, the city of Louisville has to install a transformer & complete an inspection.
Lastly, Tesla will inspect before giving the green light. Progress, slow but sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_105540.jpg
    IMG_20210824_105540.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210824_110054.jpg
    IMG_20210824_110054.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210824_110102.jpg
    IMG_20210824_110102.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 56
Stopped by the site today & spoke to the foreman of the construction crew. He stated that all electrical work is finished on their end. All they have left to do is some minor fencing work, throw down some grass seed/hay & spruce up the site. He mentioned that Tesla is scheduled to do an inspection next week. He mentioned that the inspector for the city of Louisville was scheduled to inspect last week but cancelled due to illness (apparently the city has only 1 inspector for this type of work, WTF?). No timeframe on his return. Also stated that LG&E has no workers available to install transformer/jump line due to sending workers to help with Hurricane Ida relief in Louisiana (understandable).
He also mentioned that his crew is working on the Beaver Dam,Ky. site & expects their work to be complete in 1/2 weeks.
At this point, any news is good news. Here's hoping things move along in Louisville & that Beaver Dam doesn't have any holdups.
I'll give it a week & check back on progress.