Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some photos of the Louisville Supercharger. It looks like it's ready for operation.
IMG_20151228_121739614.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a photo taken today at the Louisville Supercharger.
IMG_20151228_121720650_HDR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

One more photo taken today at the Louisville Supercharger.
IMG_20151228_121808393.jpg

They may look ready but I just tried, and NO DC LOVE. Handles still have the protective plastic on them. The AC to DC power cabinets are still rapped around with
plastic fencing to keep people out. The site still needs some cleanup AND there was no contractor there doing anything. Guess it would be hard to clean up a pile
of dirt / debris with all the rain we have forecast for today. So, close but no cigar.

If anyone has been past the Louisville Supercharger today and has any news, good or bad, please share.

Tomorrow I am leaving from Nashville on the way to Indianapolis and the supercharger being live would be straight shot at 300 miles.

My other two options are Nashville - London - Lexington - Cincinnati - Indianapolis at 500 miles, or Nashville - Chattanooga - Knoxville - London - Lexington - Cincinnati - Indianapolis at 600 miles.

Worst case that would double the drive if Louisville isn't online.

If anyone has been past the Louisville Supercharger today and has any news, good or bad, please share.

Tomorrow I am leaving from Nashville on the way to Indianapolis and the supercharger being live would be straight shot at 300 miles.

My other two options are Nashville - London - Lexington - Cincinnati - Indianapolis at 500 miles, or Nashville - Chattanooga - Knoxville - London - Lexington - Cincinnati - Indianapolis at 600 miles.

Worst case that would double the drive if Louisville isn't online.

Why not use one of the two HPWC's at the 21C Museum Hotel in Louisville as listed in Plugshare?

Why not use one of the two HPWC's at the 21C Museum Hotel in Louisville as listed in Plugshare?

Actually stayed there for a night on the way down, very interesting place and some great people. I highly recommend it as well. The issue is I can get to Louisville but I will have a nearly empty battery and a single charger (40a) which would mean staying another night or a 6+ hour layover as the car charges from 0 to 80-90%. I'm trying to get from Nashville to Indianapolis in a single day.

With the supercharger in Louisville, it would be a 30-45 minute charge and this all would be possible in just 300 miles.

I stopped by at 12:30 on 12/29/2015 for the first time (driving my ICE returning from northern Indiana to Alabama). Fences were up. Appeared a white fence/barrier was surrounding the transformers and actual Supercharger hardware. A crew was working on clean up. I took a picture then drove off without checking. One of the worst I have ever taken. iPhone was in some sort of artsy mode and out of focus:

IMG_0754.JPG

Hey guys, I did see your posts just in time and we are now charging at the Louisville supercharger.

Literally just took about 6 hours off of my drive to Indianapolis. Thank you to everyone that posted and Tesla for turning it up just in time.

The site is active with contractors doing some cleanup work with a bobcat. They gave me a funny look when I pulled up, but everything is active.

BTW, you may need to pull on the supercharger handles a bit more than usual to release them, not sure if it's because they are new or they changed the magnet strength, regardless it works.

IMG_0039.JPG

Hey guys, I did see your posts just in time and we are now charging at the Louisville supercharger.

Literally just took about 6 hours off of my drive to Indianapolis. Thank you to everyone that posted and Tesla for turning it up just in time.

The site is active with contractors doing some cleanup work with a bobcat. They gave me a funny look when I pulled up, but everything is active.

BTW, you may need to pull on the supercharger handles a bit more than usual to release them, not sure if it's because they are new or they changed the magnet strength, regardless it works.

View attachment 105892

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! I can now drive my Model S from Michigan directly to Nashville in one day! I do that about 4 times a year! No more car rentals! Thank you, Tesla!!!