Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At long last!!! I won't have to rent a car to go from Michigan through Indy to Nashville anymore. Staying over at 21C Hotel in Louisville was not an option for me. And outside of 21C, no, I repeat NO, destination charging at I-65 hotels further south in Kentucky even to this day. No ChadeMo's, either. Only RV parks.

Thanks, Tesla - although a year after originally promised. Now, let's get this bird up and running before next spring, please! (pretty please?)

Is anything in that neighborhood open 24 hours? The Steak n Shake, according to reviews, closes sometime between 10PM and midnight, even though Google says it's 24 hours. There are some gas station/convenience stores within a half-mile walk, but their hours aren't on line. There are also some 24 hour Walgreens in the area, but they often don't have public restrooms. Meijer, Walmart, and Kroger all have 24 hour stores, but the closest seems to be the Kroger about 1.4 miles north on Bardstown road.

Thanks, Tesla - although a year after originally promised. Now, let's get this bird up and running before next spring, please! (pretty please?)

Only one year? I ordered October 2013 and to the best of my recollection Nashville and Louisville were on the by-end-of-2013 map.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla employee told me yesterday that Louisville is coming in January 2016. So, very soon. /fingers crossed/

If so then for about the 6th time in 2 years of Tesla ownership this Christmas I'll be burning 1000 miles of diesel yet again. Otherwise I've used the Chattanooga SC twice. I'm not getting much use of Superchargers. But will if/when Louisville and Birmingham come online.

Not much hope for Athens/Decatur AL in the near term either. Original plans for SC to be built in a new vaporware shopping center. Vaporware in that developers were promising something they could not deliver.

Not much hope for Athens/Decatur AL in the near term either. Original plans for SC to be built in a new vaporware shopping center. Vaporware in that developers were promising something they could not deliver.
This is next on my list. I can make B'ham from N'ville but not at the velocity to which I'd like to become accustomed (and not without a bit of anxiety). For now the charger at the Colonnade in B'ham should suffice though a SC would be nice. I've got two brothers in Mountain Brook but they'd likely try to charge me $80 for a 'fill-up'.

This is next on my list. I can make B'ham from N'ville but not at the velocity to which I'd like to become accustomed (and not without a bit of anxiety). For now the charger at the Colonnade in B'ham should suffice though a SC would be nice. I've got two brothers in Mountain Brook but they'd likely try to charge me $80 for a 'fill-up'.

The Nissan dealer in Decatur is very willing to see Teslas stop by and use CHAdeMO. The only quirk is that they ask you flip the big disconnect lever on the wall power to their CHAdeMO when not in use because otherwise its fans run all the time. Which means you have to turn it on first. Not sure if their EVSE hardware is accessible after hours.

The Nissan dealer in Decatur is very willing to see Teslas stop by and use CHAdeMO. The only quirk is that they ask you flip the big disconnect lever on the wall power to their CHAdeMO when not in use because otherwise its fans run all the time. Which means you have to turn it on first. Not sure if their EVSE hardware is accessible after hours.
Thanks. I ordered a CHAdeMO a bit ago just for use in Decatur. If that's the only place I ever use it then that'll be the most expensive charge I've ever gotten. :biggrin:

Looks like they've started breaking up the parking lot:
break-up.jpg

And are ready to trench:
trench.jpg

I dropped a pin in Google Maps on the light post that you can see in the photos:
https://goo.gl/maps/jWARQSf3KZs

Last edited:
Thanks. I ordered a CHAdeMO a bit ago just for use in Decatur. If that's the only place I ever use it then that'll be the most expensive charge I've ever gotten. :biggrin:

Same here. Visited the Nissan dealer in Decatur just to test my CHAdeMO, about 25 miles of charge. A few months later I put it to real use at the Nissan dealer in Hoover. 48 kW is faster than my 9.6 kW at home. CHAdeMO is no Supercharger but its much better than L2. So in reality I've used my CHAdeMO once, and the Chattanooga Supercharger only twice.

Looking forward to Louisville opening as it will save 200 miles in getting to where I want to go. Not yet brave or stupid enough to embark on a 700 mile electric day but when Louisville opens I'll have a go at 500 miles.

Awesome to here, I think I have some relatives in the area of Louisville. Awesome to hear. The construction on it look's good and broke ground. I would also like to say thank you to the company that allowed Tesla Supercharger their and also to the construction company doing the hard work of building it and last to Tesla Motors for building the cool Tesla Supercharger Network. We the people are proud of Tesla and are anxious for the Tesla Model 3. Hopefully it will be cheap enough for the average individual. If I can get a 85k battery at a good price under $35,000 and Tesla Dual charger option I would buy it. It's totally worth it. Keep up the hard work, can't wait for the Tesla Supercharger at Rolla, Missouri. I have seen a few Tesla Model's in the region of Rolla.
Ron