Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned this afternoon that KY/IN are converting the I-65 bridge to toll starting 12/30/2016. Worst of all they have a newfangled way of taking pictures of your license plate and mailing you the bill. And of course if you are not local, do not have a transponder, you pay twice as much.

RiverLink

I had slow charging at 30-35 kW, and charging would stop with a “charge interrupted” notification on 3. Charging would not start on 4. Finally got 50 kW without interruption on 2 and completed my session. It took 1 hour for what should have taken 30 min or less, and interruptions were frustrating.

Other cars seemed to charge OK in 3 and 4. Perhaps I was not backing in far enough and there was too much strain on the charge cable to get a reliable connection with worn charge plugs.

GSP

Has anyone else had problems at this supercharger? I have used it 5-6 times and always have to try different chargers to get it to work. I have only experienced this problem at this site. I opened a support request with Tesla but was just curious if anyone else had issues here.

I used stalls 1A 1B before switching to 2B. Those first two kept interrupting every one to two minutes. I have the same problem on one of the stalls in 4 with the low charging before I just unplugged, replugged and it finally started getting 60-70 kW (the other stall was filled). So Lousiville seems to be a hot mess unless you are charging in the 2 stalls

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I live about 10 min away from this charger and each of the 3 times I've went to it my charging has been interrupted (error message) and have had to move stalls. Yesterday I plugged into stall 1a and after 5 min got an error message; moved to stall 1b and got the same message again after around 5 minutes.

From reviews on plugshare it seems like maybe 5 of the 8 stalls actually work. Anybody else experience this?

Yesterday I plugged into stall 1a and after 5 min got an error message; moved to stall 1b and got the same message again after around 5 minutes.
It may not always be possible, depending on how busy the site is, but when you encounter such an error you should switch to a stall from a different supercharger cabinet. I.e. don't go from 1A to 1B, go to a stall with a different number. That way, if the underlying charging issue is something in the cabinet, you'll avoid it immediately recurring.