Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear there's a new charger coming to Louisville. I can never seem to get up to 150kW at the current supercharger (tops out at 115kw or so, 450mi/hr). I have contacted Tesla regarding this, but they claim the supercharger is working normally.

I used this supercharger twice on a trip from Nashville to Oberlin Ohio and back. Both times the chargers would shut off a minute or three after charging started. Tried numerous stalls both times. I even called them about it - they told me these kinds of problems are self reporting, no need for me to call, but checked the online records, and didn’t have any reports of problems. Bottom line - don’t count on this supercharger. Both times I had to change my route to deal with it.

• Informative
Reactions: edseloh and nogajim
The new East Louisville Supercharger is active!! No need to stop at this *sugar* show of a supercharger anymore
Not sure of the extra time it will take for people traveling south. tap tap tap
OK just did this simply Google maps test.
[update: as pointed out this time diff may not matter with a 150 kW shared pedestal vs 250 kW dedicated. I've only seen 160 kW in my '17 X but the point is still made if the supercharge is busy]

Begin - Sellersburg, IN
Stop - Tesla Supercharger, 4100 Towne Center Dr, Louisville, KY 40241 (NEW)
End - Shepherdsville, KY
50.1 miles
57 minutes

Start - Sellersburg, IN
Stop - Tesla Supercharger, 2120 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40205 (EXISTING)
End - Shepherdsville, KY
39.3 miles
46 minutes

FmRFUZJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: GSP and N4HHE
I stopped here today and 1A and 1B were not working at all. I initially started with 1B and it immediately jumped to 7 kW, but after just a few seconds it ramped right down to 0. A lady with another Model S found 1A was not working either. She went to 3B and started charging. I moved to 3A and plugged in. I shortly jumped to 22 kW. Since I was second connecting to 3 and was sharing with someone else who just started charging I didn’t think anything of it. My max for this session was 53 kW. Something was not right, but the family and I went into Buckhead for dinner And was able to charge over the course of dinner.

My screen said one stall was out of service, but more is going on here. Two, at least, are out and others charging at reduced rates.

Someone in a Model 3 pulled in with me and stopped at 1B. I told them about the new East LouisvilIe SuC, but it wasn’t on the map yet. Curiously it was on Tesla.com/findus. East LouisvilIe is also V3! So all you Model 3/Y owners, go to East LouisvilIe!

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
So I wonder what the future holds for this SC. But knowing this SC has been questionable and with that 197-mile gap between Mt Vernon and Louisville forced me to hold off buying our Tesla until recently. In fact, we take delivery of our MY thus Sat and already have our first road trip planned for Sept and this new Louisville SC will play a critical role in our ability to get to our destination along I-64.

I've made three trips from Chicago to Florida in the last two years and every time I have trouble at this charger, both coming and going. Usually I have to try 2-3 different chargers. I'll plug in, it will start charging at full speed, then a few minutes later it just stops.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I've made three trips from Chicago to Florida in the last two years and every time I have trouble at this charger, both coming and going. Usually I have to try 2-3 different chargers. I'll plug in, it will start charging at full speed, then a few minutes later it just stops.

This has also been my experience at the old Louisville charger for the past year or two. I can’t understand why Tesla does not fix it.

GSP

I've been to Louisville twice recently and both times this location has shown on the car navigation with issues. If you're planning a trip through here - save yourself any headache and plan to go to the newer charger on the east end of Louisville. It's newer, faster, and way more reliable.
And has much more to like. Heine Brothers is not open very late and since Buckhead Mountain Grill closed, there just aren’t many options. The one at Towne Center has a Meijer as the ultimate bathroom fallback option.