Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Loveland, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Over in the "Northern Colorado Locations" thread new member @mrbrown joined TMC with a bang, posting photos of Supercharger hardware at the Embassy Inn & Suites in Loveland, CO: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1807807/

Loveland, CO:

Interstates: I-25
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-34, US-87*

I-25:
To: Cheyenne, WY - 55.5 miles
Diversion: 1 mile
To: End (I-90 near Buffalo, WY) - 341 miles

To: Denver, CO (I-25, CO-E470) - 57 miles
To: Lincoln, NE (US-34, I-76, I-80) - 477 miles

* US-87 is I-25 in Loveland.

The information from Tesla documents supplied to Lincoln, NE mentioned Fort Collins, CO and presumably Loveland, CO replaces Fort Collins, CO.

With Santa Fe, NM and possible activity in Las Cruces, NM, it looks like Tesla may be working to complete I-25. It seems that they would really benefit from getting Superchargers in Wyoming rest areas on I-25.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Photo from last weekend in Loveland. It would still be nice to have the supercharger on the west end of Denver (I-76/I-70 interchange) that was referenced on a permit application in Nebraska. That would increase the ease of my life :)

Attachments

• IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: huntjo
Sadly the snow and cold seems to have slowed construction. Checked it last night. 12-11-16 not much change but the heavy equipment is gone. But the storage container is still there. Looks like all they need to do is fence in the electrical equipment hook a few things up and she is ready to go! It is exciting to see this happening close to home.

Sadly the snow and cold seems to have slowed construction. Checked it last night. 12-11-16 not much change but the heavy equipment is gone. But the storage container is still there. Looks like all they need to do is fence in the electrical equipment hook a few things up and she is ready to go! It is exciting to see this happening close to home.

Do you remember if the distribution pad mount transformer was installed?

So the picture above shows more work completed than my last visit so progress is being made. Hope it goes online soon!

Excellent! Yep, looks very close to complete. I see the distribution transformer is in place. The only thing missing now is the "dreaded" streetlight. Many other sights have been long delayed waiting for the streetlight to be installed. Here's hoping that the site is live by the holidays!!

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingRockies
Excellent! Yep, looks very close to complete. I see the distribution transformer is in place. The only thing missing now is the "dreaded" streetlight. Many other sights have been long delayed waiting for the streetlight to be installed. Here's hoping that the site is live by the holidays!!

I checked this morning and everything is done except for. The one single streetlight in the center of the long row of chargers.
The plastic is off the chargers and the only thing on the chargers is a zip tie to keep them in place.

A storage rental container is also on site still.

So a street light can hold up projects sometimes? It has been a while since I have checked a forum for supercharger information.
Ironically across the way maybe 30 feet away on the parking lot island is a street light. And another one maybe 40 feet away from the charger boxes. Sorry I don't know the terms for each one. Hope it is up and running after this storm. Looks like the light just needs to be bolted on and wired and a call to the utility company to turn it on. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20161218_085043818_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161218_085043818_HDR.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20161218_085015496_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161218_085015496_HDR.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 110